True Image restoring, dvd use.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lnguyen, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lnguyen

lnguyen Guest

I'm contemplating getting this, but the demo is a little limited. I was wondering how the restore process works when you burn an image directly to dvd. Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible to burn one DVD that will boot, and allow the user to restore the image on that dvd to the computer.

And yes, the image for the computers I'd be working with will fit on a dvd.

Also, can you burn directly to dvd from the bootable rescue disc?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lnguyen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support direct DVD writing. It uses third-party software for this. It means that currently you cannot burn the image onto DVD when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD. Please read the following article:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#20

When you boot from Acronis Bootable CD it boots Acronis Linux that will reside in the computer memory and after the boot process is complete you may eject Acronis Bootable CD and insert DVD with the image on it to restore.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

It's possible to make a bootable rescue DVD, but not natively. It involves imaging to the HD first and then burning a bootable DVD from that. Menorcaman has an updated set of instructions later on in the thread, but either method should work.

4. lnguyen

lnguyen Guest

I was afraid of that (in regards to native dvd support). Just wanted to clarify it.

As for creating your own dvd bootable disc, I was actually considering that exact same thing, since the bootable true image cd supports USB drives, I can do that. It actually might be more benefitial for me since I just remembered not all my computers have dvd burners anyway.

Thanks, I'll probably be buying a copy of this soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.