True Image questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sag, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sag

sag Guest

I currently use Norton's Ghost and want to switch to Acronis True Image. I have a trial version of True Image 8 and have several questions.

1. Ghost will allow for automatic verification of the daily backup image file that I create...I do not see a way to automate that with True Image...is there a way?

2. I create a full image at noon each day and then one incremental image at 6:00pm each day. I thus have one full and one incremental file on my external backup drive. Each day at noon when the next full image is created, Ghost will automatically delete the previous days full and incremental image and replace them with the new current days full image file. True image seems to leave the incremental image file from the previous days backup when the new full image is created (it does delete the previous days full image). It only deletes the previous days incremental backup image when the next incremental backup image is run. Since the incremental image is associated with the full image, why wouldn't True Image delete it when it creates the next full image?

3. Ghost has a viewer that allows you to view and then cut and paste lost or corrupted files back to your internal harddrive. Acronis seems to want you to create a virtual harddrive first before allowing you to do the same thing. Is there a simpler way to view the contents of an Acronis True Image file?
    Thanks for your quick response.
    SAG

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Advertising post removed. This is the Acronis support forum - not the "advertise your favorite product" forum. Sag's post is a perfectly acceptable inquiry in relation to support. Simple software comparisons may occur here as always.

edit - thread closed as another has been opened here. - Detox

Last edited: May 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.