True Image questions-revised

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sag, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sag

sag Guest

I have a trial version of True Image 8 and have several questions.

1. I do not see a way to automate image verification after each backup with True Image...is there a way?

2. I create a full image at noon each day and then one incremental image at 6:00pm each day. I thus have one full and one incremental file on my external backup drive. Each day at noon when the next full image is created, True image seems to leave the incremental image file from the previous days backup when the new full image is created (it does delete the previous days full image). It only deletes the previous days incremental backup image when the next incremental backup image is run. Since the incremental image is associated with the full image, why wouldn't True Image delete the incremental image when it creates the next full image? This would seem to cut down on confusion when a crash occurs as to what incrementals are associated with what full backup image.

3. Acronis seems to want you to create a virtual harddrive first before allowing you to see the contents of the image file. Is there a simpler way to view the contents of an Acronis True Image file?

4. If you have to boot your computer up using the Acronis boot CD to restore a file or the whole saved image...can Acronis booted from the CD see NTFS partitions or external hard drives connected to the computer by a USB connection? I booted up using the boot CD but it did not show my external drive in the drive list where the save image file is stored.

Thanks for your quick response.
    SAG

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sag,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

1. Current version of Acronis program doesn't have the option to verify the image automatically after each backup, but it has the new feature: verify disk backup image before a restore.

2. Yes, you are right, the program doesn't delete the incremental backup when it creates the next full image. Please note, that we have a special wish-list thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=44197 and you are welcome to post here everything you wish to have in our software. We will certainly consider all your wishes.

3. You can only connect images as virtual drives to see the contents of the image archive.

4. If you don't see your external drive please create sysinfo.txt as described at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 and send it to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.