True Image question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by badcat, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badcat

badcat Registered Member

Hello all, I am using True Image 8.0 build 786. I want to erase the drive overlay software (Maxtor) on the drive I'm using for XP. If I create an image, erase the drive, then restore the image, will True Image re-create the overlay? I guess what I'm asking does the overlay become part of the disk image? I'm having trouble setting up a dual boot configuration and I suspect it's the overlay software giving me the heartburn. Thanks.

Chris

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

Acronis makes an image of everything that's on a partition so I guess the answer is if the overlay software files are on drive C then the image will contain them and restore them.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Since the overlay software is part of the software environment, Acronis True Image will restore it as well as all the other software (inlcuding your operational system) on the partition (or disk).

It seems that you would better contact Maxtor support for the possible solution. They should know how you can disable the overlay because it is their software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. badcat

badcat Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, I figured that was the case (just hoping it wasn't) I looked at Maxtor's site and found some info that my help me. Thanks again guys.

Chris

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris,

We are glad to hear you have found the solution. If you have further problems please feel free to describe them on this forum or write to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.