True image query

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Andrew645, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew645

Andrew645 Guest

I was considering buying this product to maintain a complete partition copy on the same disk using the "secure zone"
    I would use this as a backup.
    I wished to check that the secure zone is entirely "un-accessable" (if there is such a word!) from the working partition. In other words if I were to be infected by a virus, spyware or a trojan this would not also infect the copy in the secure zone. I also use partitionmagic, would this "see" the secure zone or would it maybe assume the space is available to other partitions? I would hate to lose the backup accidentally!
    Hope the above makes sense, I am a newbie at this. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Andrew

2. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

You would be wiser to get yourself an external hard drive to store the backup images on. If something happened to your primary drive, you would have nothing to fall back to.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Andrew645,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis Secure Zone is available only for Acronis True Image. It will be shown as a separate partition in any partitioning program.

If you have further questions concerning Acronis True Image please feel free to ask here or via e-mail support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Andrew645

Andrew645 Guest

Thanks to both for advice.
    I'll go for it and also think about an external disk.
    Cheers!
    Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.