True Image Home cannot see DVD drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Richard210363, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard210363

Richard210363 Registered Member

Hi there,
    I've just started with True Image Home 2009 and created my first image.
    I am testing the restore from the Rescue Media CD but when I browse for my image I notice that I do not get access to the DVD drive.
    Is there a setting I should look at?

Viao BX195VP laptop with CD-R/DVD drive.

Thanks for any help
    Richard

2. fkstgt

fkstgt Registered Member

Hi,

I have the same issue. If I start ATI Home 2009 from the rescue media I can't see my DVD-ROM attatched by USB. Using the safe version doesn't help.
    Is there a workaround to solve the problem??

Florian
    Stuttgart / Germany

3. mustang

mustang Developer

There is a problem with the Home 2009 Recovery CD for me too. In the recovery process, it will see the CD/DVD drive but the tib files on the disk are not seen.

There is a solution. Using MustangPEBuilder for True Image Home 2009, the CD/DVD drive will restore tib files. As long as you have more than 512 MB of ram, you can remove the boot CD and replace it with the CD/DVD containing the tib file. If you have 512 MB or less of ram you can use the run from CD option. In that case you would need two CD/DVD drives for it to work.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Since the drivers for the USB optical drive aren't part of the Linux TI Recovery environment, you need to put the backup on a drive which will be recognized. A USB hard drive is the easiest workaround.

An internal optical drive is another alternative for desktop systems.

Mustang's boot disk is another alternative not requiring new hardware.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009. The list of the latest updates is available here . If not, please download and install the latest build of the program and re-create Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

If you still experience the same issue, please submit a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here

Also I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.