True Image Home 9 to Optical Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KWheelerAZ, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KWheelerAZ

KWheelerAZ Registered Member

Question: If I use ATI Home build 3633 to do a scheduled backup to optical media will it erase a CD-RW or DVD+-RW before it tries to execute the backup? I can't find a setting for this in the Options page anywhere.

Thanks.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Hi,
    For now, don't waste your time. Wait until Acronis releases a new build. If you read some of the forum postings, you will see many posting regarding non-usable backups made directly to DVD.

Certainly, you can perform a backup (using user adjustable file sizes) to an external drive and then copy the tib files onto the DVD. Then you can use the DVD (or external drive) as the source for a restore.

3. KWheelerAZ

No thanks. I'll wait for a couple more releases to slide under the bridge before I ask again.

Love the program though! It's WAY better than Symantec Ghost . . . IMHO. :rolleyes:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KWheelerAZ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the current version of the software does not give you the option to erase re-writable CD/DVD disk if it is full. This feature will probably be added in the future build/version of the software.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Aleksandr,

Your statement could be misinterpreted.

I don't know whether you meant to inform KWheelerAZ that the current version of the software does not provide him with the option to automatically erase (format) a re-writable CD/DVD disk when he undertakes scheduled backups. Build 3633 certainly provides the option to manually Format a full disk (see attached screenshot), which I have used recently to overcome the known problem with Nero erased DVD+RW disks.

Regards

Attached Files:

6. KWheelerAZ

Thank you for the info, but it still does me no good on a scheduled backup. The whole idea is to make this completely automated for the users, which I can't do if they have to click buttons in Manual Mode (as it were).

Again, I'll wait for a future update/release which has this feature added. It's not a pressing issue at the moment. :)

7. Menorcaman

Your requirement was well understood :). However, I probably didn't make my point clear enough though. I just felt that other readers may just take Aleksandr's statement at face value and go away thinking that the latest build can't erase a CD/DVD full stop.

Regards

8. Acronis Support

Hello Menorcaman,

Yes, you are right. I should have said that this option (erase re-writable CD/DVD disk) can not be done automatically like when using scheduled tasks. One can erase (format) the CD/DVD disk manually as you mentioned. Once again my statement in post #4 is related to the scheduled tasks.

Will try to be more accurate in my explanation next time.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

9. blegs385521

blegs385521 Registered Member

Despite what the screen shot shows, when I click on Fomrat, using a DVD+R, I continue to get the same error message. Myonly option is to quit the backup, format all disks using In-CD, and re-start the backup.

Yes, you are right. I should have said that this option (erase re-writable CD/DVD disk) can not be done automatically like when using scheduled tasks. One can erase (format) the CD/DVD disk manually as you mentioned. Once again my statement in post #4 is related to the scheduled tasks.

Will try to be more accurate in my explanation next time.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov[/QUOTE]

10. Menorcaman

Hello blegs385521,

Are you sure you are talking about DVD+R disks here o_O. DVD+R is "write once" media that can't truely be formatted by either TI or InCD, although Roxio Drag-to-Disk can achieve some form of "psuedo format" on it (probably a clever multi-session cludge).

Regards

11. blegs385521

blegs385521 Registered Member

Whoops - I meant DVD+RW

Are you sure you are talking about DVD+R disks here o_O. DVD+R is "write once" media that can't truely be formatted by either TI or InCD, although Roxio Drag-to-Disk can achieve some form of "psuedo format" on it (probably a clever multi-session cludge).

Regards[/QUOTE]

12. Acronis Support

Hello blegs385521,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please do the following:

- Run 'regedit' command from Start -> Run

- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis\DebugLogs registry key

If this is the first time when this log is being issued, then the folder DebugLogs has to be created first.

- Add cdrecord value (Type: DWORD; Data: 1)

- Reproduce the problem

- Collect the cdrecord.log file created in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DebugLogs folder.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendor and model of your DVD burner;

- What brand of DVD+RW media do you use?

- Can you confirm that the problem appears with non-erased DVD+RWs only?

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.