True Image Home 2009 - Restore Issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brmoon, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brmoon

brmoon Registered Member

I'm trying to restore a backup taken with TI2009. The backup was somehow corrupted, and I get frequent "Failed to restore file or folder ..." messages during the restore. Is there some command line switch or other option that would stop/ignore these restore interruptions? If not, please add this to a feature request queue.

Receiving the restore log at the end of the job is quite sufficient.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello brmoon,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

You can’t set Acronis True Image to ignore "Failed to restore file or folder ..." error automatically. The only recommendation is to perform Validation every time you create the backup.

Is it file/folder or drive/partition backup? Where does the backup reside? Have you tried to copy backup archive to another place (e.g. to internal drive in case it’s located on external) and try to restore it once again?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. sek0910

sek0910 Registered Member

That happened to me and I discovered that the drive I was restoring to ran out of space so the program couldn't write the files!
    I think even if you're overwriting the files the program somehow doesn't delete the original files until the others are written (therefore requiring free disk space equal to the size of all the files you're restoring)??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sek0910,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Are you trying to restore file/folder or disk/partition backup archive? Do you use Acronis bootable disc or perform this operation from Windows?

Note that in order to restore a partition (disk) from an image, Acronis True Image Home must obtain exclusive access to the target partition (disk). This means no other applications can access it at that time. If you cannot
    determine which applications use the partition (disk), close them all.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.