True Image Home 11 System State Warning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fryguy451, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fryguy451

fryguy451 Registered Member

I just started using the scheduling feature when I upgraded to Home 11.

I have setup and have successfully ran several scheduled System State backups, however I still have the big yellow bar warning me I have no system state backup scheduled. Is is looking for something as asinine as a scheduled task specifically named "System State" or is there something else it's just not seeing with my scheduled task?

Thanks.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If that's the least of your probs, that's not too bad. Mine keeps telling me I haven't scheudled a backup so I have no backups. I've actually run a half dozen or so backups, just not with the ATI shceduler.

Have you tried booting form the rescue disk to see if your drives are recognized and so may be able to do a restore if needed?

3. Det

Det Registered Member

Yes, I have the same issue. I would like to have this option, it shows the true status when in the tasks screen but does not reflect the correct status on the home page. I have infact verfied the backups are taking place. It is a small issue but it is a function that is nice to have.

Det

4. VijghenPh

VijghenPh Registered Member

After upgrading from v10 to v11 it was "green" for me.

Then I created a scheduled task for a new backup (creating a new tasl), deleted the v10 backup on my internal backup drive (having still another kept safe on an external USB drive just in case) and ran it:

1/ the backup apparentely 'worked' but the completion sticked to "66% completed" and "44 seconds remaining" for the whole duration (about 2 hours)

2/ and after backup completion, ...state went to "yellow"!!?

That state feature looks like a nice idea but quite buggy in terms of implementation.

5. Det

Det Registered Member

Could it be another program preventing this status update? such as antivirus etc? I am running bitdefender on a machine where the status does not work. I have seen it work on a machine not running bitdefender. Really nothing different between the two systems other than that. Both Vista, both same programs. Any ideas?

Det

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

1. Check that scheduler2 is enabled and running in services.msc.

2. I believe that if using a backup location, it does check to see if the full image is there when making an incremental - though in my tests, if you wipe the full, TI automatically turns the schedules inc into a full.

But I haven't run TI on Vista, so maybe Vista program running credentials need to be checked?

Colin

7. fryguy451

fryguy451 Registered Member

The scheduler2 is enabled and running.

However, looking through the event viewer for this morning's system state backup I see that the registy hive files are failing to get backed up. all the files that comprise the registry hive get an error similar to the following.

Code:
    Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM'.
    This file or folder is locked by the following process:<endl/><vpad/>
    <vpad/>Please stop the process and click <bold>Retry</bold> to 
    take another attempt to backup.: Retry/Ignore/Cancel.

8. shieber

Let's face it, 11 doesn't need a tweak or twist with a parameter; it needs to be fixed1 If you have a prior version, revert to that until a fixed build is released.

9. ploquit

ploquit Registered Member

Has this problem ever been resolved?

I have upgraded TI11 to build 8053
    had to create my secure zone from the boot cd, but was able to create SZ

I scheduled a full back up (which it has recently preformed)
    I scheduled an incremental backup (which are yet to be performed on Wednesdays)
    I activated Recovery Manager
    I checked my scheduled tasks... this is what shows.
    manage task.JPG

and yet.... Status bar Remains Yellow

10. ploquit

ploquit Registered Member

help.JPG

So knowing the full back up was run once only...

I changed my sheduled incremental backups to start today... it finished running and SUCCESS

success.JPG

11. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

A couple of pointers to help you along.
    To avoid the secure zone becoming filled up with incrementals and running out of space it is essential to add a schedule of full backups or at least run them manually from time to time. This way of working is required for the FIFO management of the secure zone to operate.

Be aware that the green bar can stay green even if a scheduled backup does not start for some reason. I suggest you check the Acronis log and ignore the coloured bar. When I discovered that Version 11 was capable of not running a scheduled backup and not reporting the fact was the time I went back to Version 10.
    My view is that scheduled backups should always run as expected. Version 10 does this. Version 11 fails for some users. The failure happened on my computer the second time the backup was due to run. Others have reported the failures at random intervals some others have not had the problem.
    Acronis are aware of this bug. They have issued a patch on an ad hoc basis though this is not always successful.

Xpilot

12. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The system banner was a good idea with poor implementation.

1. It would be of more use if it actually resided in the system tray, or popped up on either machine log on or log off.

2. It needs to be more robust - I still think it is a major failure of logic, that it doesn't turn orange or red if the external drive was not connected at the time of the task.

Colin

13. shieber

It's an alert tells you if a process has run that is intended to run without your having to open the prorgram. But you only see the alert if you open the program. Is that not the silliest thing you ever heard of? Nevermind all its other short comings; did some embittered about-to-quit-the-company programmer slide that feature in? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.