True Image Home 10 is not responding :-(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zasi, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zasi

Zasi Registered Member

Hello,

since i am working with True Image, i have allways trouble with the stabilty of this program. When i trying to do an backup an would like chose the place there the backup file should be stored, then True Image is not longer responding and hangs. I am useing the newest Build from the german Website.

Has anybody an idea, what i can do?

Thank you very much!

Simon

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Zasi

Welcome to Wilders forums,

That by the sound of things is a Windows Explorer Memory problem.

You should run a Memory Test.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi there TheQuest,

I see that, at long last, Memtest86 at www.memtest86.com has been updated (previous update November 11th 2004 :p).

Personally, I would recommend linking to Memtest86+ (latest release 01/14/2007) at www.memtest.org. Memtest86+ has always been subject to more frequent updates. :cool:

All the best

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Menorcaman

Good to to see you.

I will try to remember from now on. :eek:

The reason for that link which was a quick Google, is because my move over to Linux as my Main OS and had not got a bookmark to memtest.org which I had always linked to.

Does that make any sense. o_O

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Zasi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you experience the issue when Acronis True Image is running under Window, please do the following:

Download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Clarify where did you try to store the image archive: local or external hard drive, CD\DVD disc or another media?

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

In addition, make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post of mine.

If you experience the issue when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD, first, please make sure the Bootable CD is create with the latest build 4942 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. If this is not the case, create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.