True Image Home 10:Backup Network Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by juergenmoors, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juergenmoors

juergenmoors Registered Member

Hello,
    from my XP Home machine I tried to do a backup of a network drive (Y: ) based on another XP Home machine,but I always got the message "Determining of the corrosponding partition for path Y: failed. Backup operation continued without this path" (In hope I translate it right...)
    Access rights for the network drives are OK. If I open the Windows Explorer I can see the files and execute them.

Has someone an idea how I can backup my network drive? True Image Home is the latest version (4.9.xx) downloaded from the Acronis website.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Re: Treu Image Home 10:Backup Network Drive

You can only create an image of a local drive without deploying agent software on the remote machine (not part of TI 10).

F.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Treu Image Home 10:Backup Network Drive

Hello juergenmoors,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know the exact error message you received? If it is possible create a screen shot of the error message.

Would also like to mention that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home allows to back up system and open files with no issues on the local disks only. Backup process of the network shared folder using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (which is intended for local back up\restore) does not use Acronis Drive Snapshot technology. I would recommend that you have a look at this thread What do these errors mean? for more details.

Note that to achieve the goals you described in your post you could use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation to see how the software works on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

4. juergenmoors

juergenmoors Registered Member

Hello all,

I understand that True Image Home is not able to backup a drive mapped in Windows. What product do I have to use to backup a network drive on my PC? The product descriptions on the web pages are not really clear on this.

Kind regards,

JMoors

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.