True Image has not found any hard drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by highfieldlad, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highfieldlad

highfieldlad Registered Member

This is a curious one. I was running a PC under Windows XP Pro SP2 but discovered that it had a corporate licence so over installed an OEM version which I had purchased. After this I could not run True Image because it came up with "E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard drives". The drives are certainly there in My Computer and for every other application. I also discovered the same message when trying to run PartitionExpert and Disk Director Suite. Tried uninstalling and re-installing True Image with no success. Any ideas please?

2. denbo

denbo Guest

I have exactly the same problem. Been using True Image version 7 for some time and have the latest build. My problem was I'd fiddled with the Registry in XP Home (update version) and stuffed up the computer.

I know True Image was working OK because I restored a saved backup image OK (problem was I'd created it with the same registry errors).

Eventually had to do a repair with Windows XP - which also involved reinstallation of XP SP2. Now I get the same error message that True Image can't find any hard disks.

3. denbo

denbo Guest

Solved my problem

Like you, I have Disk Director Suite, just installed - got the idea from your post.

Uninstalled True Image and Disk Director Suite completely then reinstalled True Image by itself, along with latest upgrade - works perfectly.

Hope this helps

Seems absurd that programs from same vendor can't co-exist with each other.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello highfieldlad,

Something got screwed up during your Windows Repair install that a normal TI uninstall/reinstall doen't fix. I think you'll find that a full manual uninstall of TI as per this <recent post by Acronis Support>, followed by a clean reinstall, will sort it out.

As far as I'm aware, Acronis True Image has no problem co-existing with Acronis Disk Director Suite or Acronis Drive Cleanser (I currently have all three installed).

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello highfieldlad,

Thank you for choosing Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the Acronis Report and a link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions on how to get the report).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. highfieldlad

highfieldlad Registered Member

Problem solved and thanks to all who replied including Acronis. The advice was spot on. I had to uninstall ALL Acronis software - Disk Director, Disk Editor, Partition Expert, Privacy Expert Suite, Recovery Expert and True Image (yes I've got them all!!) I then deleted the acronis directory in c:\program files to be sure. When I re-installed True Image, Partition Expert and Power Utilities 2004 all was well. (I did check True Image after each uninstall but the problem remained until I had removed all the Acronis software.) Thank you for your help. Hopefully Acronis will look into this if it's happened to a few people.

7. etruss

etruss Guest

I had this same problem today. I installed a new motherboard and CPU. Windows XP would not boot so I was forced to do a repair install. When I got everything working again and wanted to do a backup, I got this same error. Running the SnapAPI file fixed the problem.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello highfieldlad and etruss,

Glad to hear you have solved the problem. The brief explanation of why this hadn't worked and why it worked then is following:
    For some reason the main drivers that all Acronis software use were not installed correctly. After you installed the SnapAPI update you in fact reinstalled these drivers. When you uninstall one of the Acronis programs it will not uninstall driver if other Acronis software is installed. Hope this explanation helps.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Denbo

Denbo Guest

Glad you got some satisfaction - all I got when I contacted Acronis was a reply saying that True Image version 7 was no longer being supported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.