True Image has not found any Hard disks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donnyh5, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnyh5

donnyh5 Guest

Hi,
    I get this error when I boot up with the Rsecue boot disks from Version 8.

E000202F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives.

Has anybody seen this error before?

Thanks.

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Yes. If you are using Dynamic Disk (rather than Basic Disk), the Boot CD will not see it. This is because Dynamic Disk is Windows-centric, and can only be seen at the OS level.

3. donnyh5

donnyh5 Guest

They are not Dynamic disks. There are part of a Raid 1 container. If True Image cannot read raid containers like it clear says it can on the website than what good is ito_O I have obviously wasted my time and money.

4. Jelorian

Jelorian Guest

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a few Dells that have RAID 1 and Acronis is not recognizing it.

I just found these forums, but I hope to find a solution.

Please email me if you do and I'll post back on this thread if I do.

jelorian@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Jel

5. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

That's odd. I have many Dell and Compaq servers of all models and types, as well as RAID configs (RAID 0, 1, 5, 10) and have never had an issue with it seeing the disks from the Rescue CD. What model of RAID controllers are you using? Most are LSI or Adaptec anyway, which the CD covers.

6. hectorsm

hectorsm Registered Member

Have you tried the lastest build? I believe is 826.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello donnyh5,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 826 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Then if the problem remains please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions). We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. Jelorian

Jelorian Guest

What's interesting is that it works fine on my Dell 470's (RAID 1) but not on my Dell 370's (RAID 1). But the 470's have an Adaptec based (Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Controller) RAID controller and the 370's are Intel based (82801FR SATA RAID Controller, listed in Device Manager), so that explains why one works and the other doesn't. I was using Build 774 and will upgrade to the latest (Build 859).

I will post back if it works on my 370's. (Crossing my fingers!)

9. Jelorian

Jelorian Registered Member

Build 859 worked on my Dell Precision 370 w/ RAID 1 SATA drives.

10. Donnyh5

Donnyh5 Guest

Where can I find the procedures for the "acpi=off noapic" workaroundo_O

11. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

12. Acronis Support

13. psraj

psraj Guest

Hello,
    I just installed Acronis True Image server 8.0, (build 774) on one of our Dell servers, with PERC 3 (adaptec) Raid controller. The server is runninf Windows server 2003 SP1. The moment I open the Acronis True Image, I get the messge "E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives." Has anyone else seen this? Will the new build resolve this problem ?
    Thanks.

14. Acronis Support

Hello psraj,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 859 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. If the problem remains, please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the detailed information of your problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.