True Image hangs when restoring

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anubis341, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anubis341

anubis341 Registered Member

I recently bought TI7 and have set it up on an XP Professional pc and succesfully made a backup image to a second IDE HDD on my pc.
    I have verified the image as well...
    When I try to restore within xp it says TI can't get exclusive access to the drive and when I try to use both the Startup Recovery manager and the boot cd, both hang on the screen where it says Acronis Loading... please wait...
    I've read the posts on the forum and don't really understand whether I need to modify something or whether I need a special iso cd file...
    Can someone please let me know 'very clearly' what I need to do to resolve this problem as I currently have no way to restore my image.
    Thanks very much!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Please try to disable any anti-virus software you have, firewalls, etc. And also run Check disk.

If it won't work even after that, please write again and I'll try to investigate the matter.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. anubis341

Ok, but surely antivirus and firewall software isn't going to be enabled yet when I'm just booting from the cd or using the Recovery Manager... and I have seen on various other posts that this is a common problem so there must be a solution.
    I just need clarification of the solution, that's all...
    Thanx

4. anubis341

Well, after waiting nearly a week with no response from tech support and not much response on this board I've managed to find a solution myself.
    I re-created the boot cd but this time made the safe version instead of the full version and it works fine.
    The startup recovery manager still doesn't work but at least I can restore images now.
    I recommend anyone having this problem to try this solution and maybe you'll get some joy...

Regards
    Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.