True Image Enterprise Server on Windows 2003 Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FCPorto, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FCPorto

FCPorto Registered Member

Hello, I'm just wondering whether or not anybody else is encountering the same issues i am with True Image Enterprise Server 8.0, where the analyzing of partitions takes a very long time. I am running Windows Server 2003 with SP1 and I have approximately 10 partitions on the system. However when I start up either True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 or Disk Director Server 10.0 it takes quite some time to go through the analyzing. Some partitions take longer to analyze than others, and it is not dependant on partition size. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. I would assume that this software would open up immediately every time. This is not the case here. I cannot do anything with the software until it is done analyzing. In some cases in can take up to 15 mins. It is very frustrating. If there is something I am doing wrong please let me know, or if there is a workaround this please let me know as well. Thank you very much in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FCPorto,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows then please try disabling\closing\uninstalling any other software that requires an "exclusive" access to the hard drive such as any other backup software, partition and disk managing software, antivirus applications, etc.

If that does not help then please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- How much time does it take to analyze partitions when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (1213) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows?

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows and see if the problem still persists. Let us know the result;

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.