True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 Issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tdunnusa, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdunnusa

tdunnusa Registered Member

I have a few major issues I'm having with 9.1 and I'm about ready to revert back to 9.0 which not perfect seemed a little more reliable that 9.1 so far.

Issue #1 - For some reason I may have a backup job that is working fine and at some point when I connect to modify a scheduled job I suddenly get a message that the script is corrupt. I then have to modify it and sometimes the partitions are no longer selected and I have to go through the schedule config again for 5 days worth of schedules as I have one for each day as the file images are named by day. Why does this keep happening?

Issue #2 - I do a 5 day full backup on each server with the image name being the server name followed by day of the week (ie Exchange_Mon). I'm getting errors indicating that after an image is created the next time the job runs it cannot overwrite because it already exists. I didn't have the problem with 9.0. The error is E00070004 "Failed to write data to the archive file. A possible reason might be poor image quality". The job log states "cannot create a file when that file already exists". What is going on, how do I prevent this from occuring without manually deleting each file before it get's overwritten again?

Issue #3- After installing an agent to a server I have to reboot it 2-3 times and sometimes wait a good amount of time before I can connect remotely to it or I get an error stating "Failed to find protocols required for connection with remote agent. Make sure all necessary components are installed...". Everything is installed and again sometime I reboot 2-3 times before being able to get connected, often not right away but after letting it sit a good amount of time when I go to connect some hours later for example suddenly I can connect and I haven't rebooted since the last time I tried!

Issue #4 - SCHEDULED JOBS ON TWO SERVER DUE TO START AS SCHEDULED , this is the most frustrating issue I guess. I have jobs where the schedule is set to start on two servers but it never starts by itself, I have to connect every night and start it.

Any help with any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Again I have the latest build installed as of 4/23 and pushed to these systems so they are up to date.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tdunnusa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Could you please also reproduce the problems and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please also provide the information about your network structure.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. tdunnusa

I have a question about the steps requested. After I run the schedmgr the first time to create the text file you state to run it again. Do I run it from DOS just as I did the first time? If so what will it do running it a second time with the same options? Also after running that you want me to simply type if the command "set logflags support", thanks.

4. Acronis Support

Hello tdunnusa,

Please be aware that you can run schedmgr.exe application either in Windows explorer or in Dos mode. There is no difference in both ways.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. tdunnusa

Sorry I think you misunderstood my question. What I don't understand actually is why I needed to run the command twice and then run the "set logs support" afterwards. I guess I don't understand the logic in that procedure since it doesn't appear I need to do anything special after running it the first time.

6. Acronis Support

Hello tdunnusa,

We are really sorry for not being clear enough with the explanation. I'll provide the new instructions for each issue seprately.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please note that you should update Acronis Agents as well.

If any of the problems you reported still persist then please follow the instructions provided below.

Please be aware that the most probable reason for this problem is that the drive where the resulting images are being saved to is sometimes not accessible for some reason. For example, this sort of problem may arise when you save images to a mapped or external drives. The point is that mapped drives are not accessible when the user you scheduled this particular task under is logged off. As for the external hard drives, they may be simply turned off or unplugged. We therefore recommend that you check that the destination drive is always accessible.

If that's not the case then please do the following on the computer where Acronis Agent is installed, i.e. the computer where your scheduled tasks are supposed to run but get corrupted for some reason:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> issue the "cmd" command);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (double click on the schedmgr.exe file in Windows Explorer);

- Issue the following command in the command line that appears when you run Acronis Schedule Manager program:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled task is shown as corrupt;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Create schedreport.txt on the computer where scheduled task having the issue is supposed to run (see instructions above);

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both the computer Acronis Management Console is running on and the computer where Acronis Agent is installed;

- Make a screen shot of the error message;

- Describe your network structure in detail.

Could you please reinstall the scheduling service on both servers having the issue in the way described below?

- Download and run schedmgr.exe application;

- Issue the following commands:

service stop
    service uninstall

- Close schedmgr;

- Replace schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder with the files from this ZIP archive.

- Run schedmgr application once again;

- Issue the following commands:

service install
    service start

- Close schedmgr;

If the problem still persists then please create schedreport.txt and schedul2.log files in the way described above;

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows Ssytem Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the files and information collected to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.