True Image Enterprise 9.1 and Dynamic Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marco A Ramos, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco A Ramos

Marco A Ramos Registered Member

Hi. I am evaluating this product. The product claims to support Dynamic volumes, but I am trying to clone a System Disk (SCSI) from 32 GB to a new one of 72 Gb.
    When I use the recovery from a bootable cd created with the tool provided with this version, in the dialog only appears the new disk in the source part.

So I have tryied to bakup in the Protected Zone and restore . The procedure says that every thing goes fine, but the "restored" disk do not boot. In order to boot with the new disk I am disconnecting the old one from the scsi bus, and changing the SCSI ID of the new one to 0.

My OS is a SBS 2003, so I think it is supported.

Do you have any tip?. Do the dynamic volumes of win 2003 are supported by TIE 9.1 ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marco A Ramos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server (and Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows) supports dynamic disks, i.e. disks, managed by Windows Logical Disk Manager (LDM). You can create an image of one or more dynamic volumes of any type (simple, spanned, stripped etc.) and restore it to a dynamic volume of any type or MBR volume (partition) and vice versa, restore an MBR volume image to a dynamic volume. In each case, the program stores and restores volume contents only. The type or other properties of the target volume will not be changed. In addition, the partition resize is possible when you restore a dynamic volume to a basic disk partition.

Please also be aware that Acronis Universal Restore does not support dynamic disks.

As for the issue you have experienced:

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. Create a new Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please clarify if you received any error messages when boot the restored system? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.