True Image conflict with Bitlocker

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rdemaat, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdemaat

rdemaat Registered Member

I tried to install True Image on my company laptop that has Bitlocker installed. All went well until I tried to create a secure zone on an external disk. The system wanted to reboot to perform this action. Upon reboot Bitlocker complained the boot record had been changed and went into recovery mode, requiring a huge recovery key to be generated by our support desk to be able to boot.

Upon removal of the True Image software, the boot problem still exists. How can I clean things up so my laptop will boot normally and Bitlocker stops complaining about the system's boot record being changed?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rdemaat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Products!

Acronis True Image has to change MBR record when you create Acronis Secure Zone because the information about the partition structure is kept in the MBR.

Since Bitlocker has already tracked this change we cannot just revert it. You should contact the respective support team to know how to deal with Bitlocker in this case. We just can advice you to try reinstalling this application.

Thank you.
    Daniel Pustovoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.