True Image cannot find the proper serial number please reinstall

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ErnestTwo, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnestTwo

ErnestTwo Registered Member

I bought (big mistake) a copy of True Image Ver 9.2337 after pasting in Serial number and completing install I get a "True Image cannot find the proper serial number please reinstall" I have been trying to get support from True image with dismal results. Cut & paste serial number, complete reinstall, deleting other software, nothing resolves the problem. Now customer support is not even responding to my emails. I am going to contact my VISA Card Company and stop payment but still does not help me resolve this problem. If I can get the software to work I would be happy to pay.
    "Try before buy" is good advice.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

ErnestTwo

One post will suffice. Give Acronis time to respond.

3. ErnestTwo

You think 48 hours is not long enougho_O Don't aggravate the problem provide a solution!!!

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

There have been several posts with problems about the serial number. While you are waiting, maybe a search will provide the solution to your situation.

6. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

7. ErnestTwo

UNABLE TO DELETE CORRUPTED FILES CREATED BY TRUE IMAGE RESTORE

Is it really necessary to edit the registry to get TI to acccept the software serial number? Or should this be part of the install utility that comes with the program?

Secondly if you do a full image backup but select only a file or directory from that image then you end up with corrupted files on your main drive can you tell me how to remove these files? They are recognized bt the explorer but I am unable to delete outside or inside Windows XP.

8. noonie

noonie Registered Member

Re: UNABLE TO DELETE CORRUPTED FILES CREATED BY TRUE IMAGE RESTORE

Take ownership of the files in xp and you will be able to delete them. Safemode if need be.

9. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

In your case, yes, that would seem to be the case. A few people have reported the problem, hence the link to the previous post, but for most people, TI accepts their serial without any issues.:cool:

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ErnestTwo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send me a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Please do as Ozmaniac has suggested and follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine. It should solve the problem.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What operating system you use?

- What exactly do you mean when saying that the restored files are corrupted and you can not remove them?

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Describe the way you have restored these files in detail.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.