True Image bootable not loading USB2 drivers?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Britnash, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Crissy,

Your posts are clear so no need to worry about your English. When boot the notebook you get the BIOS post first, then the "Starting Acronis Loader" message, then blue Acronis screen wth Acronis logo and then the message "Loading, please wait" where the computer hangs. You need to press F11 key when you see the "Starting Acronis Loader" message. It may worth pressing F11 prior this message several times because you may skip the message if the performance of the notebook is rather high. After that you will be presented with the "Linux Kernel Settings" box. You need to remove the "quiet" word from it and press the "Ok" button. After that you will see the lines reflecting the boot process. When the output stops you need to write down about 10 last strings of this output and send to us. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

2. Acronis Support

Hello Crissy,

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Do you see the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message? Please note that this message appears before the "Acronis is loading, please wait..." message. Please explain what happens when you press F11.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Crissy

Crissy Guest

Hi, thanks to help me. I did every thing you tell me below, I pressed F11, I removed the "quiet" word and I pressed OK, at this point the laptop stops work out and the monitor remain black.
    If I write "acpi=off noapic" after "quiet" and press OK I see one more screen than before, I can read "Acronis loading, please wait...", at this point the laptop stops to work and the monitor remain with this last sentence.

I work on a Acer Travelmate 8104, with Win XP Prof, two partitions...C:/ and D:/, I have the image of C:/ on D:/. This is the reason because I want to use the CD media.

Thanks Cri

Hello Crissy,

Your posts are clear so no need to worry about your English. When boot the notebook you get the BIOS post first, then the "Starting Acronis Loader" message, then blue Acronis screen wth Acronis logo and then the message "Loading, please wait" where the computer hangs. You need to press F11 key when you see the "Starting Acronis Loader" message. It may worth pressing F11 prior this message several times because you may skip the message if the performance of the notebook is rather high. After that you will be presented with the "Linux Kernel Settings" box. You need to remove the "quiet" word from it and press the "Ok" button. After that you will see the lines reflecting the boot process. When the output stops you need to write down about 10 last strings of this output and send to us. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Acronis Support

Hello Crissy,

Could you please let us know what build of Acronis True Image you used to create Acronis Bootable CD? Also please try to create "Safe" version of Acronis Bootable CD and let us know whether you can boot your computer with it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Crissy

Crissy Guest

I download the last build a coupple of days ago and I use it, I created the boot CD yestarday evening with this last buid. I detached every USB device.

Cris

6. Acronis Support

Hello Cris,

Could you please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu, enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send the result file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. Crissy

Crissy Guest

Irina, I do it, I sent you a mail with my e-mail address, <***>, and the file you ask me.

Thanks again

Cris

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  8. Acronis Support

Hello Cris,

Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply? I will find your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  9. Crissy

Crissy Guest

Hi Irina, this is the replay fo Acronis on my request!

[Acronis #302930] System Informa

They suggest me to use the iso image, I remember I did this last past days, I download the iso image from your web site and I tried to restore the image eith it but it didn't work again.

Thanks

Cris

10. Artemisa

Artemisa Registered Member

Hello Cris and Irina,

I followed your thread attentively.
    I encounter exactly the same situation as Cris. Because of the same reasons I can not use the full version boot media.

The save version does boot, but it's not of any help for me because I have to restore an image from an external USB drive or from and internal DVD drive. Both are not supported from the save bootable version.

I use nearly the same Laptop as Cris (Acer TravelMate 8103). They are rather new on the marked and full featured. Could that cause these problems?

Have you found a solution or workaround?

To Cris:
    What is your BIOS version? Mine is 3C17 from 27 January 2005. There is a newer one: 3C22, could it help?

How it looks now, TI is useless for me, because I'm unable to restore the image if my system partition would be damaged.

I'm interested very much in the further development.

Many thanks
    Artemisa

11. Cris

Cris Guest

Hallo Artemisa,

sorry for my english, i'm italian.

The version of BIOS of my Travelmate 8104 is Acer 3C19, 01/03/2005 - SMBIOS Version 2.31

Thanks

Cris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.