True Image Backup Consolidation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by veri, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veri

veri Registered Member

I have a 300 GB partition which is home to everything -- my files, program installs, everything.

I am trying to set up an imaging routine that will allow me to go back in time to any day, up to 14 days back. As of right now, under automatic consolidation, I have the storage period of old backups limited to 14 days.

How exactly is this going to work over the long run? This is being backed up to a second internal drive with about 300 GB actual capacity, so won't that eventually just fill up? What then?

(Separate question: when restoring an incremental backup five days after a full backup, will it be necessary for me to manually restore each of the preceding TIB files, or will Acronis automatically restore each of the three incrementals that came before that #5 I wanted?)

Thanks in advance. Just trying to make sure I understand how this is going to work.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello veri,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

To avoid the lack of free space you should compare the size of the archives with the size available on the destination hard drive. You can extrapolate the present chain and check if you have enough space to place all necessary archives. Or you can set a limit on size of backup archive, but in this case there is no guarantee that all 14 archives will be present at your system.

For example, the full backup was created 2008-05-20, and the incremental backup was created 2008-05-25.

You don't need to recover the files separately. If you select the full backup during the recovery operation, the system will be restored to the state that corresponds to 2008-05-20. If you select the incremental backup file, the system will be recovered to the state that corresponds to 2008-05-25, etc. The program will associate the necessary backup files in the chain by itself.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.