True Image and Powerquest Drive Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by malabarka, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malabarka

malabarka Registered Member

I just purchased True Image 8.0 and I am ready to install. On my current machine is Powerquest Drive Image with several backup images on my network file server
    Will coexistance of both on my Win2K workstation cause any problem for my system? In the case I need to delete Powerquest Drive Image, will be True Image able to read and restore from Powerquest Drive Image files?

2. Fuzzy John

Fuzzy John Registered Member

I do not see any issue having both True Image and Drive Image residing on the same machine as long as you do not use both to image at the same time.
    However True Image is not able to read and restore from the Drive Image files.

3. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

I currently have Symantec LiveState (formerly PowerQuest V2i) and TI 8 on the same server as I transition to TI. I have had no issues.

As for reading images, one will not read or restore from the other, as they are proprietary files types (PowerQuest = .v2i, TI = .tib).

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Here's something that hasn't been mentioned. Make an image of your system in TrueImage. Although TrueImage won't read your older Drive Image files, you can restore a Drive Image file and then make a new image with TrueImage. After that, you can restore another Drive Image file and make a TrueImage image of that. Finally, restore the image made with TrueImage initially to get back to the current setup. When you have done this with all the important Drive Image files, you can delete them and uninstall Drive Image. At that point, you will have all your images in TrueImage.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi malabarka,

No problem seen here with TI 8 and PQ Drive Image 2002 installed on same machine. Obviously, one can't read the other's image files although John has posted a handy way of converting PQDI archive files to ATI files.

Hi there John,

Neat!!

Regards to you both

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello malabarka,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

However, you were answered already, I would like to confirm officially that Acronis True Image has no incompatibilities with Drive Image. However, it doesn't restore images created with Drive Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.