True Image and Nvidia RAID does it work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by loznkaz, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loznkaz

loznkaz Registered Member

After having major problems with Norton Ghost and Nvidia RAID can anyone confirm for me that True Image works with Nvidia RAID before I buy it?

Thanks in advance

:)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I have Nvidia Raid, Nvidia Networking stuff, Nvidia graphics cards, and an intellipoint mouse.

I found no recovery type disk worked on my machine at all, except Image for DOS. HOWEVER, that said I turned to BartPe, and with a bit of work, I've used Image for Windows,Drive Snapshot, and Acronis v9 and v10. Probably the easiest to get going under Bart is Acronis. Do a full install, and the BartPe plugin is all built. All you need to do at that point is make an Acronis Directory under Plugin under the Plugin directory in Bart.

One other tip. Acronis set the Bart stuff up so their program comes up under the Storage Menu instead of the Programs. You can change that by editing the XML file in the top directory of the Acronis plugin. Look for MenuID and it will say Storage. CHange that to Programs. Thats it.

Pete

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

That's strange: I too have nVidia Raid 0, nVidia graphics, network controller and TI9 (3677) works fine. (define fine: ) takes a while to boot from CD, maybe 5mins. Restore takes close to 2hrs for 12GB. Just the other day I tried IFW/IFD and couldn't get it to work: kept asking me to name ISO or pick file from folder. Only problem is... when I picked folder, it was in the same directory as source. I'm sure it was my error, but I just gave up after a few tries.

...screamer

4. loznkaz

loznkaz Registered Member

Thanks for the replies :D Not quite the yes no answer I was hoping for but I guess from the replies it should :thumb:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello loznkaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image (any edition) fully supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media.

When Acronis True Image is running under Windows, it works with all the hard disk drivers detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for all hardware RAID controllers.

Should you experience a problem with your RAID controller when accessing from rescue mode, please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use and create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer.

The limitations of Acronis True Image 10.0 trial version are that you can only restore an image when you run the program from the bootable media. It is fully functional in Windows. The trial version evaluation period is 15 days.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you would like to order your software before the trial period ends, please visit Acronis online store.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.