True Image and nforce4???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hijacker, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hijacker

Hijacker Guest

Hi,

I need a software to create an image of my S-ATA HDD. I have got the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. (nforce4)
    I also have the Silicon Image Serial ATA drivers here on CD.

Is True Image able to create a WORKING Image? And is it able to write it back from DVD to HDD?

Bye,

Hijacker

2. Zeroxuse

Zeroxuse Guest

I'm in equal situation. It would be great if possible to create image with TI.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hijacker and Zeroxuse,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis True Image will work for you if you have your drives in non-RAID mode. If you use RAID on NVidia chipset you will be able to create the image of the RAID array under Windows but the array will be recognized incorrectly after you boot from Acronis Bootable CD. This problem is due to lack of drivers for NVRAID and currently we are contacting NVidia in connection with this issue.

However, you may build RAID 0 on Silicon controller that is currently supported by the latest build of Acronis True Image.

Please note that you will be able to create the image of any hard drive configuration including RAID (any mode) under Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Hijacker

Hijacker Guest

Thx for your help... I have no RAID... So I will buy TI.

5. gwilki

gwilki Registered Member

I strongly suggest that, before you buy any backup software, you do a checksum test on a large file copied from one of your drives to the other.

Asus has problems with some of their motherboards when copying or moving files from one sata drive to the other. It has nothing to do with TI, but if affect Acronis, since a backup image that you do of one drive, save the other, will always be corrupt.

Asus knows of the problem, but it's not fixed.

grant

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Could you point to the Asus statement on this or post it if you got it in an email? The only thing that I find is that early bios versions had this problem.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  7. Hijacker

Hijacker Guest

Hi,

I checked the burned backup with True Image. Is this a guarantee that the image is copied without problems?

8. Hijacker

Hijacker Guest

Hi,

I tested this with a 4GB File and a md5 checksum program. There were no errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.