True Image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marse.robert, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Just downloaded the new version of True Image.

I have been using TI8 for a little time, now, and I have just about got the product as I would want it.

I understand and accept Acronis's pricing policy.

However. When I originally purchased TI8 I paid a surcharge for the priviledge of a continual download facility: some 8 months later, should I purchase TI9, I am expected to pay another surcharge for the identical priviledge..seems odd!!

Furthermore, if I purchase TI9, the upgrade + the surcharge + VAT comes to £24.59. What extras does TI9 offer over TI8 that can substantiate the total cost? I am not moaning about price as I consider TI to be an excellent product..should I delay my purchase plans and wait for the next strain of TI?

After all, TI8 is now working exactly as I would want it to.

Regards

marserobert

2. highfieldlad

highfieldlad Registered Member

:mad: Don't buy the new version. I've tried the trial version and it offers no great improvement on version 8. If version 8 is working for you I would stay with it. This is typical of Acronis. They have an excellent product but they herald each new version as if it will change the world, charge us again for the priviledge of upgrading and we experience the same basic features as we already had. I know becuase I've been this route moving from version 6 to version 7 to version 8. I'm not paying to go to version 9.

3. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi Highfieldlad,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, as I have dowloaded the trial version and I could not find anything special to warrant the cost.

I too will give TI9 a miss.

Many thanks,

marserobert

4. herojig

herojig Registered Member

well, this seems to be the opinion of the day, and after a few postings of my own i'll just sign out with an echo...call me when/if v10.0 arrives. i really like 8+, now that it seems most of the kinks are out of it. :p

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

6. arf1410

arf1410 Registered Member

other post (from Acronis!) said an update to 9.0 (NOT 10.0), later this fall, will include built in DVD support

7. RehabDJ

RehabDJ Registered Member

I believe that TI8 build 937 brought DVD support to the product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.