true image 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jawadde, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawadde

jawadde Registered Member

Hey, i've got true image 9 but i have some problems.

I make a back up to an extern hard disk (usb), but when i tried to put it back, the wizard could not recognize my extern hard disk?

(sorry for my enlish, but it is not my first language)

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Check which build you are using. You should have b3677 at least.

Your problem seems to be during restore. Therefore you should boot from your recovery disk and then check the build of the software on that disk.

F.

3. jawadde

Yes during the restore, the program couldn't find my external harddisk.
    The version of the program is "true image PE 2.359.

4. foghorne

Ensure you have the latest version downloaded, installed and burned to your rescue disk and try again.

F.

5. jawadde

i'm afraid i cannot download the last version, because this is a personal version, and i have to pay for the full version. But ive got this cd from an pc-magazine and there they did it with an external hard disk and it works, so i don't think that this software is the problem.

6. foghorne

If you continue to think that way I don't think you will resolve your problem :(

Download the latest trial version, which is free for a while, make sure you create your rescue disk from that version, and try again.

F.

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Actually the software on the bootable CD is the problem. Apparently there is no Linux driver included for your external drive in the version you have. You could build a BartPE disk Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD and use one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins which uses windows drivers.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jawadde,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please be more specific and let us know if your external USB drive does not recognized when using Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or when using Acronis True Image under Windows?

As thomasjk mentioned a possible reason could be the lack of drivers for the particular hard drive you use in the standalone version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. However, to say it for sure please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. In addition, please provide the exact vendor and model of the USB hard drive you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

I would also recommend that you download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, create Bootable CD using the trial version, boot your computer from this CD and see if the external USB hard drive recognizes.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.