True Image 9 Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by artimus, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artimus

artimus Registered Member

I have two computers on my network, both running Win XP Home. My number 2 computer got a virus and it wiped out all kinds of files. I did an Fdisk on that computer. I have a true image backup for it on a network external drive connect to my number 1 computer.

Ok here is my question how do I set up the computer I did the fdisk on to load my backup. Do I use the true image software to boot or do I load it on the 2 computer. I've never used true image before so could you guide me as much as possable?

Thanks in advance for you help.. artimus

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You boot the number 2 computer, the one that has been fdisk'd, with the TI recovery CD. Access your image on number 1 computer and restore.

This is not the ideal time to find out if it works OK but it's your only option.

3. artimus

I booted the number 2 computer with the disk that came with drive image. I get the options to load drive image or to continue booting. I click continue booting but nothing happens. What is a TI disk?

I think I need a step by step because I don't know what the heck to do in this case. :)>) More help someone Please.. :thumb:

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You need to make the TI Recovery CD which is bootable. On the TI main menu you will see an item called Create Bootable Rescue Media. Click on it and follow the instructions it will build a TI boot recovery CD for you.

It is machine independent so it doesn't matter which machine you create it on.

When you have it, boot up your dead machine with it and follow the Restore Wizard. Hopefully, you will be able to see your other computer under Computers Near Me. If you don't try entering in the filename box the location of your backup using the UNC format, something like:

\\Computername\foldernameifneeded\backupfilename.tib

If any of you new TI users are reading this, I emphasize that when your machine needs to be restored, it is not the time to make your first attempt at running the restore process!

5. artimus

Thanks for your reply.. I understand now. I have a CD I made on my Sony so I can use that one..:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.