True Image 9 error E0004000A

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BowRiver, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BowRiver

BowRiver Registered Member

I have True Image for Linux version 9.1.3883 and I'm encountering the "E0004000A Error creating file" error. I'm backing up using NFS and can manually mount and create a file on my backup file server. This operation was scheduled and working at one time. What is the cause of the error and do you have anything I should verify?

Thanks in advance.

Context:
    Mandriva Corporate server 4.0
    2.6.12-26mdk kernel
    True Image for Linux version 9.1.3883

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BowRiver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Please try to manually mount your remote NFS share to some directory and then save your images to that mount point.

If that doesn't work, please try performing operation using truimagecmd (please see the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions).

If the issue persists, please collect the following log:

strace -o log -fF /usr/sbin/trueimagecmd --create [the rest of the command]

Please also inform us about results of first two options.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. BowRiver

Thanks. I'll see if I can try your suggestions tomorrow.

4. BowRiver

I found the problem! Although my file server allowed me to create new files, it would not work if it was overwriting an existing file. The problem was the file ownership had changed on the file server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.