True Image 9 causes windows 98/Me to re-boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stduc, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stduc

stduc Registered Member

o_O

When doing any kind of backup using Acronis True image 9 it seems to cause my windows 98 and me machines to re-boot without warning!

I tried using my XP machine to 'suck' a backup off these machines over my network. This caused Acronis True image 9 to crash!

I'm using build 2289

Can someone tell me when an updated version is available that will be worth my while re-testing!

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. stduc

stduc Registered Member

I'm using 2289

I am registered, aren't I?

I don't see how I can be clearer than I have been. Any kind of backup across the network using Windows 98/Me completes the backup - then immediately re-starts the PC without a shutdown!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stduc,

I am really sorry for the mistake in the previous post. Now the latest build of Acronis True Image is 2302 build. Please download and install it. If the problem remains please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread.This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. stduc

stduc Registered Member

Acronis True Image is 2302 won't even start on 98/Me. Even trying to backup a small directory just hangs. On shutting down windows moans that the DDE task is still runing!

6. Shraddhan

Shraddhan Registered Member

A few days ago, due to having big hardware issues on my main XP computer, I moved my external USB drive where I keep all backups to my Windows 98 SE computer. I then told True Image to restore a particular folder so that I could work on the files in it.

Due to the old machine only having USB 1.1, this took ages (0.9MB/s), and I wasn't paying attention until the computer suddenly rebooted. However, the files were retrieved OK. This was using build 2282 (or something like that).

Today, I upgraded TI9 on the Win 98 SE machine to build 2302, and restored the same folder over the network from my main computer. This worked very fast, but when I tried to access the retrieved folder the computer seized up more and more until I finally had to push the HARDWARE RESET button.

When the computer had rebooted, I found that the folder and its contents were retrieved correctly.

Shraddhan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.