True Image 9.0 Recovery Boot-Up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alsteele, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alsteele

alsteele Registered Member

This may have been answered before, but I want to make double sure before installing True Image!

I :) just purchased a new computer with a Windows XP operating system. It does not contain a floppy dick drive. In my old, Windows 98 computer, I could boot-up by sequentially installing the floppy's that I prepared via True Image. What do I use instead of floppies in my new computer?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

you use bootable CDROM's.

3. alsteele

alsteele Registered Member

Hi Tom:
    Do you mean that I would create a bootable CD the way I previously created bootable floppies and the computer would react in the same way, i.e., boot up into True Image?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Exactly.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alsteele,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as thomasjk said using Acronis True Image 9.0 you will be able to create a special bootable rescue media on CD, as well as on floppies or a flash card. After that you will be able to boot from this rescue media and perform Acronis True Image operations (create, restore images and etc).

Please note that in order to create a rescue media on a USB flash card it should be recognized as a removable media, not as a hard disk drive. The flash card can be used to boot a computer then, if the computer BIOS supports booting from a USB device.

Additional information can be found in the Chapter 10.2 "Creating bootable media" in Acronis True Image User Guide which is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.