True Image 9.0 Home bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by francisw19, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francisw19

francisw19 Registered Member

Hello all,

I have installed Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (build 3854) and Disk Director Suite 10.0 (build 2117). I made a bootable CD using the Bootable Media Builder in ATI 9.0 that contains both products and it was created successfully.

I tested the CD by instering the disk and restarting my computer. The CD was booted (display showed 'Starting Acronis Loader...') and a GUI came up that allowed me to select which program I would like to start. So, the CD worked perfectly and I have used it a few times for restoring an image and it worked great.

Just reciently, I upgraded my hard drives. Previously I had two SATA drives (A 150 GB Raptor and a 160 GB 7200.7 Seagate with a 250 GB USB external USB 2.0 drive. The USB 2.0 drive contained the Acronis Secure Zone. When I upgraded, I replaced the 160 GB Seagate with a 250 GB 7200.10 SATA II and also replaced the External USB 2.0 drive with a 400 GB 7200.10 Seagate SATA II (internal). So, now I have 3 internal hard drives on my system: A 150 GB Raptor SATA, a 250 GB 7200.10 Seagate SATA II, and a 400 GB 7200.10 Seagate SATA II. Also, just for reference, the Acronis Secure Zone is installed on the 400 GB SATA II drive.

The problem I have now is that the bootable CD I made no longer works. When I put the disk in the drive and start my computer, the display shows 'Starting Acronis Loader...' and does nothing after that. I've let it sit for up to 30 minutes waiting for something to happen, but, the GUI does not come up like it did before.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Does ATI 9.0 have problems with SATAII drives?

Just to note: My motherboard is an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe. There are two SATA controllers on board: A Silicon Image Sil3132 (this is disabled because I do not use it) and the nVidia nForce 4 SLI which has 4 SATA II connectors - all three HDDs are connected to this chipset.

If anyone has any feed back on this issue I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks.

2. francisw19

francisw19 Registered Member

BUMP!

Anyone?

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Can you press F11 and get to the linux command line?

If you have a spare RW CD handy, what happens if you make a boot CD from the DD10 install?

It sounds like a driver problem. If everything worked on the same motherboard and all you have done is to change harddrives, then the only thing i can think of is that the S-ata II is the problem, if your original drives were S-ata I.

Which controller did you use for the old drives? It is known that Ti 9 and 10 have a problem with the JM controller and newer boards.

Colin

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello francisw19,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and see if that solves the problem.

If the issue persists submit a request for technical support. Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.