True Image 9.0-Build .3677

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by D. Manley, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D. Manley

D. Manley Registered Member

When first released, I saw posts from users having problems installing the the .3677 upgrade that resulted in having to do a complete uninstall | reinstall complete with S/N for both versions. Is this a widespread problem and/or, has it been corrected since the initial release?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

True Image 9.0 Build 3677 remains the current release so the advice is still valid.

Regards

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I install 3677 a few days ago and never had any problems, and it`s working great. Can`t say what`ll happen in your case though.

4. D. Manley

D. Manley Registered Member

Thanks for the replys. I installed "over the top" with no problems whatsoever. Frankly, I was a bit taken back at the speed of the process...perhaps 10 seconds and done. I take this to mean only new files were written and all others remained unchanged. At any rate, the problems experienced by some with this build must be limited to specific setups...as for my case, it could not have been easier.

5. Menorcaman

Many people, myself included, have reported a TI serial number recognition problem when installing Build 3677 over a previous build. My guess (yet to be confirmed by Acronis Support) is that it only affects "Upgrade" versions of the program and not the "Full Retail" versions.

Regards

6. Boots

Boots Registered Member

I seem to be having this problem or at least something similar. I've upgraded from 8 to 9 (3677) but cannot get it to work even once. The replies from support are not timely. First, Nero was blamed. So I uninstalled it. It still does not work. I have uninstalled TI and reinstalled it and it still does not work. Basically I have paid for something which I have never been able to get working. I don't think this is fair. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should try next. I'm running Win XP all updates installed, 1GB RAM. I had no problems with 8.0.

7. Menorcaman

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes, the upgrade versions rquire the full un and reinstall. Looks to me that someone goofed when they approved released the 3677 version and hopefully it will be checked in quality control in the next release.

9. shieber

This purging isn't something a user should have to do manually, line by line inthe registry. Even Symantec used to provide purge programs to scrub your disk for complete removal in the event an uninstall failed to operate correctly.

sh

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  10. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Oddly enough I used the Symantec purge program only Yesterday to finally get rid their programs. It ran well enough and there was only a single page of instructions necessary.
    However when I did a search and ran a couple of registry cleaners I manually removed about three dozen entries that the purge program missed. So as the saying goes " The grass the other side may look greener......."

Xpilot

11. Curb

Curb Registered Member

I just bought a new Win xp pc and installed TI 9 with the build 6322 on the disk. Then I downloaded and installed the 3.677 update. Big mistake because the new build didnt replace the old. Instead i had 2 versions of TI on my Hd.
    I tried to unistall but it was impossible. Deleting reg files and running programs, and jumping through impossible hoops is an insane way to remove a program.

Furthermore, TI would hang when I tried to make my first "full backup".

Also, I think that the pdf file should warn new users that the update is the full program and not to load the old build on the disk first.

I formated my hard drive and reinstalled windows xp and all of my drivers.:mad: P
    Acronis what can I do? When is the next build? and will if fix the install and hang problem ?

12. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Every new build that you can download is "the full program". Normally, each new build can be installed on top of the exiting installation. They can't predict their screw-ups from build to build to include in the manual and the manual is not necessarily updated for each build anyways.

I agree with your complaint but I just wanted to clear up what appeared to be a misconception of what each new build is.

Personally, I think a build that behaves as badly on install as this one has should be pulled altogether while the download rolls back to the last build and the developers/programmers take the time to get it right the first time, every time.

13. Curb

Curb Registered Member

I agree with your analysis. So badly do I want to make a full backup of my new hard drive. That is the reason that i paid good money for this program. TI 9 just hangs when i select make full backup image. I dont think that I will have the trust in the next build to reinstall TI9, as reinstalling Windows XP, drivers, and applications is a Bi$%.

14. shieber

Oh, I don't think the Symantec grass is greener. I quit using Symantec products altogether a couple of years ago after being a steady user since the days when Peter Norton owned the utilities and came out with the first updated version of Unerase. Symantec offered me lots of reasons to be too fed up to ever give them another nickel. My point in my prior post was that a point so infamous for bad service gives more help on program removal than Acronis currently does. I din't mean that Symantec was a reasonable alternative. I wouldn't use Symantec agaion if it was freeware. I still use Acronis and am not in the least tempted to go back to the dark side. But it would be nice if Acronis made a little purge program instead of offering line by line cleaning steps. If you can write it, you can program it ;-)

sh

15. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Boots,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please describe the issue in more details? What exactly did you try to perform? Could you please clarify if you have received any error messages? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue.

Could you also let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

16. Acronis Support

Hello Curb,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I believe by 6322 you meant one of the builds based on "old" engine. Starting from the build 3567 and higher Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is based on new engine and the program was installed under C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\ instead of C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage like before.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue. Where did you try to store the image archive (local or external hard drive, another storage device)?

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Please note that the application may crash the system when you exit, so we recommend you to save all your work and close other programs prior to running it.

Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the new build please note that the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

17. 1kyle

1kyle Registered Member

I did an "Upgrade" -- this installed OK but when trying to start the product I got some type of message as "License Info not found". I can't remember the exact message but it was something like that.

I totally uninstalled the product and re-installed.

Entered serial number for version 9 and then got prompted for a serial number for a previous version (reasonable request since my version was "an upgrade").

I entered serial number for version 8, then the install went OK. Got a prompt to re-boot. After reboot it worked fine.

It's a bit confusing but nothing really problematic here.

Cheers
    -K

18. Menorcaman

This is the problem that I refer to in my Post #5 above.

Such behaviour is understandable when upgrading from one version to another but it also occurs when merely updating TI 9.0 Home (Upgrade Version) to a later build. This is unecessary and didn't happen for previous versions of TI 8.0 or TI 9.0 Upgrade Versions. Hopefully Acronis will rectify this in a future build.

Regards

19. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Aleksandr,

It seems to me that if a user is having troubles running True Image, that telling them to download and run another application that "may crash the system" o_O is not going to be well received.

Perhaps you might consider finding other ways to collect data on a user's system? Support would be appreciated more if it were easier to use.

Automated, simple, and trouble-free.

20. Acronis Support

Hello Christopher_NC,

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Actually, the Device Tree application mentioned above by Aleksandr can not cause any real harm to the system. By "crash" Aleksandr meant that this application may cause sudden computer reboot or system hang-up. So, saying that the application "may crash the system" is not the best wording of course. Moreover, this "crash" occurs quite rarely. To be honest, I do not remember anyone complaining about any problems using the Device Tree application from my own experience. However, we are sorry for misleading you with our instructions and will certainly do our best in order to avoid such situations in the future.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

21. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Alexey,

Thank you. I appreciate that you took the time to clarify this. My post may have been a bit hasty, as I have had more than enough crashes lately, and was perhaps a bit testy.

It is always better to warn us in advance of a potential crash, so that should one occur, we are both prepared and don't panic.

Having just used Acronis True Image once again tonight to recover my system partition and Master Boot Record from a headache, my hat is off to Acronis. :thumb: So nice to be able to load the TI boot disc, and restore things to a workable state within a half hour. Boot mode even recognized all my SATA hard drives and my external USB drive. So, things are really looking up, at least on my end.

Keep up the good work! And I'll keep prompting you to continue making things even better...

Christopher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.