True Image 9.0. Bug

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Found A Bug That re-boots my computer,The same bug was found in build 2323

I Am using true image rescue cd Build 9.0.2337

It doesn't matter whether the images are full, diferential or incremental images created. my computer re-boots when I Hit any of the full,diferencial or incremental dates when doing a restore using the rescue cd, I had a earlier set of 3 dates and the same thing occured so the problem is not the images.

All I Do is hit the back button from the restore screen and my Mouse Turns to an hourglass and then my computer re-boots by itself

My Case # Is: Acronis #437899

I Can re-produce this on my computer which acronis e-mailed me back saying they couldn't re-produce the bug, I Re-checked and send another e-mail to acronis today but with a attached image of where the bug occurs from exactly

has anyone else using build 9.0.2323 found this bug using the rescue cd for restores with multiple dates or images?

Brett Moar

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I've always used the boot CD to make my images and to do a restore - works for me. But I always do full images, no incrementals.

3. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Is there a build 2332 as well as build 2323 ?

4. hi-there

hi-there Guest

Hi Jbmoar,

> All I Do is hit the back button ...
    > and then my computer re-boots by itself
    >
    > has anyone else using build 9.0.2323 found
    > this bug using the rescue cd for restores

I noticed that pressing the "Back" button caused my PC to restart unexpectedly. It happened several times. I do not exactly remember on what occasion it happened. I use TI 9.0.2323.

5. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

I've tried a few tests but can't reproduce it.
    Can you give some more details of how you make this reboot occur?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Well I'll be damned!! Brett is absolutely correct. Using either Build 2302 or 2323, I can reproduce the reported problem as follows:

1. Boot from the rescue CD, select "Recovery" and click "Next" at the Welcome screen.
    2. Select an image set that's comprised of Full plus Incremental/Differential volumes. Click "Next".
    3. Select any recovery point from the dates listed and then click "Back" instead of "Next".
    4. BANG!! the system reboots.

Maybe the Development Team has already picked this up but maybe they haven't. Either way, this is a serious defect that needs to be fixed before Acronis release the next build.

I'm about to try this with TI 8.0 Build 937 and will report back.

Regards

EDIT

O.K. Repeated the above steps after booting from a TI 8.0 rescue CD. No problem, the system does NOT reboot.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Ouch!! Unfortunately the reported defect is still present in newly released TI 9 Build 2337.

Acronis Support, if not already done, please bring this to the attention of the Development Team.

Regards

8. como

como Registered Member

Build 2337 seems slower to me than build 2323 from within Windows, I haven’t had time to test from the boot cd.

More seriously the icon remains on the taskbar when TI is closed and will only disappear after a reboot, I believe that this bug was fixed in build 2323?

I wonder if anyone at Acronis tests the new builds before release.

9. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

That is odd. I timed two Image creations with the latest build 2237 both from within Windows. The results were exactly the same as those using 2323. One of the images was to the secure zone on a slave drive with no verification and the other to a USB 2 drive with verification.

Did you make yours from a 2237 CD ?

Xpilot.

10. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

OOps 2337 not 2237.

Xpilot.

11. como

como Registered Member

No as I said it was from within Windows, do you get the icon in the taskbar after exiting TI?

12. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

When the image creation completed the Task bar Icon disappeared as it should. I only ever had an Icon hang in a much earlier build. Sorry I did not read your original post correctly .

Xpilot

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this issue is in the process of the investigation at the moment. I'll let you know the results as soon as I'll receive a reply from our Testing Team. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

14. como

como Registered Member

Have now tried creating an image from the boot cd, the image created ok but when I clicked on "check image" the machine rebooted!!

Also created another image from within Windows and this time the icon on the taskbar disappeared, as it should, strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.