True Image 8 - No More Updates

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

True Image 8

I Use True Image 8.0.937 Which Does Not Support This Mouse

My Mouse Is A PS/2 Mouse - Compaq M850 Connected To A Compaq Presario 7000T

It May Be Useful To Sumit What Model Of PS/2 Mice Work And What Model Do Not Work With The PS/2 Connection Using True Image 8.0.937

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. mildewman

mildewman Guest

I have lightly used TI 8 build 937 (new user as of about a month ago) and the PS2 mouse seemed to work fine in the rescue console.... Was this a common problem? Or am I just lucky?

3. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Using the latest version of 8 and my mouse is PS/2 and works under all the enviroments.

...Allen

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Maybe it is for a PS2 mouse attached to a laptop? Do the two previous posters have laptops or desktops?

5. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Well My desktop has a real PS/2 port. I have been using TI 8 for over 6 months ( Ex Ghost user ), and never had a PS/2 mouse problem. My current mouse is a Microsoft trackball, its USB but I have one of those adaptors to conver USB to PS/2 - It has worked flawlessly. On my laptop I also have another Microsoft Trackball, Its USB and is attached to a USB HUB, and guess what, TI 8 837 finds it and it works OK. It must be the type of pointing devices. I was at Frys Electronics the other day and noticed there must be 500 different pointing device MFG's. Don't know what the standards are for these guys, but support could be a nightmare.

Storage_man

6. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I have a homebuilt desktop (Intel motherboard), with a Logitech USB mouse plugged into a PS/2 converter and it has worked with versions 7, 8, and 9 of Acronis.

7. mildewman

mildewman Guest

My PS2 mouse (OLD.... Logitech FirstMouse+ - wife got it for me when the things were like $40... couldn't get rid of it sue to sentimental value, and it is a nice mouse....)is on a desktop system and it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.