True Image 8 (build 889) myriad problems on a Thinkpad T42

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amphibiac, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amphibiac

amphibiac Registered Member

I am running Windows XP PRO, on a IBM T42 PM 1.7G, 2GB DDR 333 2700.
    Today I purchased a 7K60 60GB 7200 RPM drive to replace my current 40GB 5400 RPM drive, a USB 2.0 drive enclosure (X-Drive branded) and this software. After several attempts to clone the 40G to the 60G I am at my wits end.

I have had several error messages including:

"partition configuration has changed"

and the error stating the it cannot write to a Sector (in this case sector 64).

Additionally, I tried to boot from CD with no luck (hangs at the loading screen), and pressing F8 or F11 has no effect. The CD seems to spin and then stop once it has load the "loading...please wait" message.

I realize that this program is buggy, but is there any fix? Am I supposed to format the new HD first, or leave it as unallocated space?

I really need to get this drive installed as soon as possible.
    Please advise.

Amph. :ninja:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello amphibiac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem with the cloning of your drive does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file and Acronis Report to us.

First of all please make sure that your bootable CD has been created with the latest build (889) of Acronis True Image. Then please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround (please see Acronis post for the detailed instructions) and if it doesn't help please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word and click on the OK button. As the startup messages stop scrolling, you can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys in order to scroll the screen manually. Please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens and send the captured information, snapapi.log file and Acronis Report to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. amphibiac

amphibiac Registered Member

Thanks for the assistance.

I installed the update, disabled logging, but the real boon, was disconnecting the USB drive during boot up, and plugging it back in at the last moment. Somehow, either TI was not seeing it, or Windows was not mounting it at startup properly. Anyway, I am now the happy owner of a new 7K60, fully cloned. Even the IBM (hidden) partition was successfully cloned and all is well.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Amph. :ninja:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello amphibiac,

I am glad that you have resolved your problem. If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.