True Image 8 and Dell D620 laptops

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Stent, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stent

Stent Registered Member

Hi,

We have a number of copies of Acronis true Image 8 which we use to replicate some of our machines, all Dell, within our business.

We have come across a problem when trying to take a image form a Dell D620Core Duo.

Our Cd's all boot fine no problems however the Cds do not find the Network Card. Its worth noting that the Broadcom network card in these laptops is identical to those found in Dells optiplex models which true image 8 works fine with, i.e. It finds the Network Card and allows both image capture and restore.

I have checked with Dell whom have confirmed that both models (laptop and desktop) use the same network card (Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx GigaBit controller).

I have tried to create the CD image from the laptop and have the same issue.
    I have also patched our versions using the web site to no effect.

I look forward to your replies,

Stent

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You might want to check the Trial version of TI 9 to see if that recognizes the new hardware. I assume you are using the last version of TI 8, build 937.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stent,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image 8.0 version (build 927 for Acronis True Image 8.0 and build 1213 for Acronis True Image 8.0 Corporate Workstation) available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number either by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window or by right-clicking on the product installation file, going to it's 'Properties' and looking through 'Version' tab.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image 8.0 version then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press 'F11' key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (version 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have a selection screen).

As I'm not completely sure what you mean exactly when saying that "the Cds do not find the Network Card", I also advice you to try the suggestions provided in this FAQ Article.

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

- Let us know what you mean exactly when saying that "the Cds do not find the Network Card". Describe the program behavior in more details;

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your computer(s) from this CD and see how the program recognizes the network card in question. Inform us about the result.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.