True Image 8.0 - System Will Not Boot!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by timlara, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timlara

timlara Registered Member

PC: IBM ThinkPad T30
    Product: True Image 8.0 build 768

After installing True Image 8.0 build 768 yesterday (9/13/04) and running the "Activate Startup Recovery Manager" wizard, the program began to create the "Secure Zone" partition but apparently did not finish successfully, and now my machine will not boot!

I'm praying that my Windows XP partition is still OK and that just the boot record is fouled up somehow and can be repaired. If not, I am in deep trouble as I do not have a backup (I bought True Image so I could MAKE a backup!!) I have also submitted this issue to Acronis Support via email. Any ideas that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. :'(

2. anon

anon Guest

If you still can't boot from your hard drive, try booting from the TI recovery disk and removing the secure zone. You can also boot from the XP CD and start te recovery console, then run 'fixboot' or 'fixmbr' to restore the boot sector or master boot record. (type 'help fixboot' and 'help fixmbr' to see how to use them)

3. anderbr

anderbr Registered Member

Acronis also killed HDD on an Acer laptop of mine when I was trying to create an Acronis recovery partition. Could not even fdisk it after that because fdisk said it had an extended Dos partition which could not be deleted because it said it contained logical drives. But no logical drives were showing to be deleted.

I had to use a recovery disk for the laptop to restore the drive to as new. Hence lost all setup and files.

Hope you are more successful.

I have since been told by Acronis that their software requires a minimum of 256Meg RAM despite the manual saying it only requires 32Meg of RAM. How much RAM did your laptop hav?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.