True Image 8.0 not listed?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Colvin, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colvin

Colvin Registered Member

I have registered my copy of True Image 8.0 immediately after purchasing it a couple of weeks ago. But when I view all the available products in the dropdown menu for "Support/Updates", BEFORE logging in, it doesn't appear in the list. However all the other products are listed.

AFTER I login, only two of my registered products are listed and 2 are not.

I was able to download one of the updated products, Drive Cleanser, by selecting it from the list BEFORE logging in. But after logging in the dropdown menu didn't list that either??

Any advice on how to get the latest update that has been released for True Image 8.0?

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

*puppy* As I and another member noticed this morning the TI8 Update, Build 768, August 9 appears on the page but as you have also noted not in the drop-down. I have assumed the selection was inadvertently left out (website admin). The other member has already notified Acronis Tech Support by email and perhaps we will see it in the drop-down tomorrow morning. I run 7, just happen to get caught up in this when I saw the other member's post.

3. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Heh. I'm the other member, but I have not seen an update to the website. Nor have I seen an email response.

In my frustration, I grabbed every email from the site I could find (media, sales, webmaster) and emailed them all.

Perhaps overkill, but let's face it ... something like this should take 5 minutes to fix.

4. snarellan

snarellan Registered Member

I have recieved 2 emails. 1. An automated response and 2. A misunderstanding with the way they interpreted my wording. They told me to re-register the product and it would appear. Suprise....it didn't!
    I have sent another email stating that it doesn't even appear in their 'drop down' list nor my registered products list.
    Still awaiting reply. Will keep you informed!
    Seb

5. Colvin

Colvin Registered Member

Thanks for the update. I also tried re-registering both True Image and Disk Cleaner, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. I got an error message saying that the product had already been registered.

Hopefully someone will catch on and fix the error(s) so that all the registered products will showup in both the initial menu and particularly in the subsequent menu where you can select "Another product to update".

Jeff

6. skin7070

skin7070 Registered Member

I'm having same problem you guys are.

7. selvan777

selvan777 Registered Member

Same here, checked this morning, Aug 15th 10:38AM pst, TI8 b768, still not showing up in the drop down menu.

8. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

There are TWO (2) drop-down boxes! The first is on the Updates listing page and has nothing to do with your registration, the 2nd is on the download page and shows the products you have registered. ALL of the products are listed in the drop-down on the Updates page and apparently Acronis or whoever misunderstood when you guys notified them. It just looks like a simple case of website admin that I had mentioned previously, but I do not know now what to tell you. Sorry, and keep emailing 'em is all I can say!

9. riechert

riechert Registered Member

Mike,

I just can't find tthe 2nd drop down box. When I go to the download page I see a list of trial versions. There is no drop down box. Can you tell me how you got there?

10. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi riechert, ;)
    You've to choose Support -> Updates and login. From there you can see the second drop down box.

11. davmail

davmail Registered Member

Don't work,tried it.

12. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

You're right. ;)
    :rolleyes: Just tried it, but you can't choose TI 8.0 from the first dropdown list. :doubt:
    Where can we download the latest version?

13. riechert

riechert Registered Member

Doesn't work for me either. When I logon in I get a page for the latest version of TI 7 which is what I originally bought and registered. There's no drop down. But was able to figure out the link for thebuild 768 so I'm good to go for now.

14. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Still no go for me. All I get listed is TI 7. :(

15. Jeff4680

Jeff4680 Registered Member

Same problem for me. Only registered products listed and I can’t figure out what the link is for build 768.

Jeff

16. dooley

dooley Guest

Nor will you, acronis doesn't reply to problems once you have paid for the program..look at their official address..a suite of a hotel room in a boulevard....did you guys think you were dealing with a SERIOUS company ?
    it's nothing more than a pair of ex-teenage russian mafia errand boys operating out of LA and milking us for as many bucks as they can...a flashy web page doesn't mean you work in a corporate palace.
    look at the guy who "moderates" here...dennis dementiev (mor elike demented) telling eevryone to write to acronis sales or acronis support etc when he is the actual owner of the company and pulls all the strings himself...do an internet search and find out the REAL truth behind this guy.

Version 7 used different programmers and boy oh boy does it show with the disaster that is version 8

17. krang

krang Registered Member

Just got it and the site worked fine. Already installed it.

18. wauiler

wauiler Guest

I had same problem when trying to get latest (build 76:cool: of true image 8.0.
    I solved problem by going to support, registration and registering my serial number for version 8. apparently the registration is not automatic when purchasing via elemet5. after registering I went to update tab and there was the 768 download. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.