True Image 8.0 Inoperative

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve2004, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve2004

Steve2004 Registered Member

:mad: I just purchased downloaded and installed True Image 8.0 on my Dell 8200 Dimension with XP Home Edition. Each time I attempt to create my first full back-up on CD-R, it fails about 5% into the first disk. The log file indicates "possible faulty media." Upon exiting True Image and restarting, Windows then detects an error in True Image and directs that the program be closed. This will occur each time right before the image creation starts.

The only way to clear the "Windows has detected a problem," is to uninstall True Image 8.0 and reinstall it. However, I again get the "backup failed" with "possible faulty media" about 5% into the image creation on the first CD-R disk. Again, after the Failed Backup, restarting True Image finds Windows continually finding a an error in True Image and closing the program. An "error report" has been sent to Microsoft with no response to date.

I have changed CD-R disks, restarted Windows XP Home Edition and uninstalled and reinstalled True Image three times, downloaded from two different "online saves", restored XP to previous restore points, etc., etc. However, each time the same outcome is experienced. "Backup Failed" (possible faulting media) after about 5% into the image creating process on the first CD-R, followed by a True Image program that continually has an error detected and closed by Windows XP.

Help me solve this problem....or I want my money back.

Thank you,
    Steve2004

2. mrfearless

mrfearless Registered Member

You might look at my thread entitled "TI 7/8, XP2, EZ Media Creator 7" above this one, especially my reply to myself. This may be applicable in your case as well. It is certainly worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.