True Image 8.0 Help Please URGENT

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sohaib, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohaib

sohaib Registered Member

Hello,

I've bought True Image 8.0 yesterday and my question is I've tried to backup my hard drive which is consisits of 38GB Linux OS , and than my next step is to restore that Image to my other hard drive which is consisits of 60GB - Is there a way I can do it , I've tried to do that but after the image successfully got restore, I try to run my new drive which is 60GB with that image , the error message I got is unknown operating system or error to load operating system ?

Please let me know what will be the best possible way to restore the image into my new 60 GB drive ? Although I've make a backup out of my 30GB drive which consists of LINUX REDHAT Operating system.

Thanks

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Now that error message sounds like it might just be coming from the Linux Boot Loader. You CAN do what it is you are looking to do but you must insure that the MBR and the Boot Loader are "intact" as they were on your old 38GB drive. I am not looking over your shoulder so without more information this is about the best I can do. What I will suggest is that you take a complete full image of your 38GB drive (that will capture the MBR /Boot Loader) and then do a restore to your new 60GB. Obviously I am assuming you are doing ALL of this from bootable TI! I am also assuming that Linux is your only OS on that drive! *puppy*

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.