True Image 8.0 doesn't go well with Dell notebook

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnsuperking, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, friends, I'v got True Image 8.0 on my new Dell Latitude D610 notebook(WinXP SP2). It works great and fast when creating a image of harddrive C with 20G (the image was in partition D), however, it takes three hours to restore the image. I'm very frustrated. Does anyone have an idea about how to fix it? Thanks.

johnsuperking

2. Jay_Dubb

Jay_Dubb Guest

John you're not alone buddy. I'm having a similar problem. I too am using True Image 8.0 with a Dell Latitude D610 (WinXP SP2 - Dual Boot) and it takes an hour to create an image and to restore it from an external USB 2 HD. However, it only takes 11-12 minutes to create/restore on a Dell Latitude D600 (WinXP SP2 – Dual Boot). I have about 50 laptops to do and this won’t cut it. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
    Jay

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John and Jay,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem is that Acronis Bootable CD is Linux-based. It utilizes Linux drivers for all the hardware you use. Some drivers are not optimized for particular hardware. Our Development Team is constantly working on the improvement by implementing new drivers but it usually takes some time to find and include them into software. I am sure the speed will be higher with the CD created by future builds.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Use the WinPE plugin.

5. plmsbx

plmsbx Registered Member

What is the WinPE plugin?

I'm also having problem with my Dell notebook (precision M70) even though it runs Linux (2.6.12 kernel) perfrectly well! Acronis gave me the answer regarding future HW support two months ago, so I hope it is coming soon indeed otherwise I'll have to look out for another tool :(. The intel 915 GM/PM chipset and related notebook hardware is well supported by recent Linux kernels, so it should be possible for True Image too.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello plmsbx,

Acronis can provide users with a BartPE plugin on request. A BartPE plus TI plugin CD allows users to load their own specific Windows hardware drivers when booting into rescue mode. This should overcome the problem regarding the lack of suitable Linux device drivers on the Acronis bootable rescue CD.

There are numerous Threads on this forum relating to the plugin. Just carry out a True Image forum search against BartPE if you require further reading.

Regards

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello plmsbx,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE is available at our site for all customers who register Acronis True Image 8.0 and Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows (English and German versions). You may also read the instructions on how to create the BartPE CD with the plug-in installed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. plmsbx

plmsbx Registered Member

OK, thanks a lot for the pointer, I'll try that.

9. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I had the same S-L-O-W imaging problem using the TI8 boot CD's so I bit the bullet and created a BartPE CD with the Acronis plug-in.

The speed absolutely blows me away!!!

What used to take 1 hour and 45 minutes now only takes 9.5 minutes.

It's definitely worth a try.....

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.