True Image 8.0 Build 937 Locks up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bob-m, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

I just installed build 937 in my Win98SE partition and tried to back up the C: drive. It gets to the screen where it says "analyzing partition" and locks up the computer. Reboot is the only option. The last entries in the log are "Locking partition c:\" (Twice), then "Pending operation 104 started: creating partition image". I hesitate to install this build on my other partitions, as they presently work OK with build 800.
    Before this, I get messages saying that "G:\ is not accessible" G:\ is the CD drive that I am backing up to. It contains a recently erased cdrw disk.
    Any ideas?

2. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

You Could Try Using The Rescue CD For True Image 8.0.937 ... I Am using the rescue CD And it doesn't depend on The OS As It uses its own Boot And Operating Info

3. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Bob-M

Also do a full chkdsk ie: chkdsk c: /f If there are any broken chains, this should fix them and hopefully the backup also.

Storage_man

4. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

No, that doesn't fix it.

Isn't this product supposed to work?

I paid for the software. At the very least is should be functional.

Not likely I will pay more money for Version 9, as it probably woulldn't work either.

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.