True Image 8.0.826 restoration problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bravenew, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bravenew

bravenew Registered Member

Hello to everyone,

I have a chantech 7NJS zenith mobo with nforce2, an ATI ASUS9600XT, two HDD (1. WD80jb 2.maxtor120gb) and I recently make a backup of My C: (WD80GB) into D: (Maxtor). And yesterday I start restoring the image from d: back to c:. The TI8 told me that to restore into the active partition I must restart my system. The system restrarted and booted from TI8 linux boot. I tryed to restore the image but when I press the proceed button after a while (5 sec's) My computer freeze-crash. and nothing happens for a long long time. I restart my computer and Dead. The restoration has replace a few files I think from the C: and my system doesn't work at all. I Install a fresh winxpSP2 and I repeat the same but now I boot the system from boot cd. The same problem apears. The restoration freeze my pc. After a long search I put an older TI8 build 768. I made a new image in d: and I restore succesful the image into c: . I think something happens with this new version. I check to make an image from boot cd the same crash with build 826.

And acronis true image make a very good work.
    p.s: I'm very sorry about my english

2. bravenew

I have update my current version to TI8.0.859 and the same problem apears. From win32 enviroment everything goes well. When I'm trying to restore an image booting from cd all operations hangs. I check the images and are good. No one are corupted(check it inside winXP envirment). But when booting from CD all operations hangs when the progress bar reached then 1 or 2 %.

Thanks in advance

3. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

Did you *really* check the images, I mean:

A) mount the image
    B) check the directory
    C) Actually try to open a file on the image (jpg or exe, something complex)

*then* you'll be sure the image is ok. Don't fall in the same trap I did...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. bravenew

-> TonioRoffo

When I'm using the build 768 and restore the image (with that build first I make the image) into linux enviroment all working fine. But when I'm booting into linux(bootcd) the problem apears with build's 826 and 859.

-> acronis support

I've create this sysinfo and I send it to e-mail above.

Thank you TonioRoffo and Irina Shirokova for your answers

6. Acronis Support

Hello bravenew,

We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. bravenew

Well After sending the email with my sysinfo.txt to support of acronis they answer me to start with F11 and add the acpi=off noapic. But this command didn't help me. The system still freeze after make something like check, create or restore. Like Mareke I have the same problem. With the build 768 I don't have this broblem. After that I disable (for checking and this option) the apic from the bios and the samething apear when I give to TI to restore an image.

I think something's wrong with the boot rescue. And Acronis must resolve this because it is critical. If someone want's to restore an image, simple He can't.

8. Acronis Support

Hello bravenew,

Did you report to Acrosis Support Team that the proposed workaround didn't help? The sysinfo.txt file you sent should let us find out the reason for the problem. Please let me know your Acrois request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your first letter. I will find out how the investigation is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. keithfrench

keithfrench Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem with an ASUS A7N8X mobo, which also has the nForce2 chipset. The only way I can get the rescue CD to run Ok is to use the Acronis plugin for the BartPE environment. I have raised this with Acronis Support and they think it is a BIOS setting, I have tried disabling all of the onboard sound etc, but its still the same. I beleive it is there drivers don't work properly with the nForce2 chipset. If you get this resolved - I would be very interested to know the answer.

Keith.

10. bravenew

They ask me (the support center) to make a sysinfo of my system with the working one version (build 76:cool: for me. I sent this to support center and I'll wait for an answer for this problem.

Thanks in advanced

11. mareke

mareke Registered Member

bravenew what you are reporting is the same as I have experienced and have recently posted about on the forum (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=84262). The rescue CDs for builds 826 and 859 cause my computer to freeze the same way yours does. Using an earlier build rescue CD does not cause my computer to freeze and images made using TI 8 builds 826 or 859 can be successfully restored using earlier build rescue CDs (build 774 rescue CD works flawlessly on my computer).

The rescue CDs for builds 826 and 859 are clearly faulty. Earlier build rescue CDs don't contain the fault. I am still waiting for a reply from Acronis to the email containing the sysinfo.txt file I sent to support about the problem. Acronis need to work out what change has been made to build 826 and 859 rescue CDs that cause some computers to freeze on attempting a restore whereas earlier build rescue CDs do not cause this serious problem. If the cause of the problem is not found the rescue CDs for future builds of Acronis are probably going to cause the same problem on some computers.

I suspect that there are people using TI builds 826 or 859 that have not yet encountered the problem only because they have not had the need to do a restore and will find that when they do attempt one their computer will freeze and if they don't have an earlier build rescue CD on hand they will find their C drive wiped and no way of successfully restoring the image.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  12. Acronis Support

Hello bravenew and mareke,

Please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

13. mareke

mareke Registered Member

14. Acronis Support

Hello mareke,

Aida sent a reply to you. If you didn't get it please tell me.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

15. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

I just tested the build 859 boot disk on an A7N8X because of your report. It works fine.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  16. keithfrench

That's interesting, do you have anything other than default settings in the BIOS of the A7N8X?

Keith.

17. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

No special settings in the bios, I do have only the Marvell network chip enabled (nforce nic disabled).

18. keithfrench

I'll try disabling the nForce NIC & see if that has any effect then. Thanks for the info.

19. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I did get a reply telling me to do a check disk on each hard drive. I did this and one drive did have a minor problem which was fixed but this had no effect on the problem of build 859 rescue CD not working on my computer. Every time I try it the computer freezes usually right at the start when it is still loading or when it is analysing the hard drives, or, if I get to where I have to click on 'Proceed' to do a restore, the computer freezes and I have to reboot. Build 859 rescue CD is useless on my computer as was the previous build (826) rescue CD.

Since earlier build rescue CDs work properly with my current Bios settings etc a fault exists with build 859 and 826 rescue CDs that affect mine and some other people’s computers. If it is a Bios setting or a piece of hardware that I use that is causing the problem it doesn't happen with earlier build boot CDs indicating that build 859 and 826 boot CDs are inferior to the earlier ones (except that they include more hardware support).

The fact that the last 2 successive rescue CDs do not work on mine and some other people's computers indicates that the problem is likely to continue on future builds unless the cause is ascertained. One way to do this might be to compare the sysinfo.txt files obtained when I use build 774 rescue CD (which works) with the sysino.txt file obtained when I use build 859 rescue CD (which does not work). I am prepared to provide these if it will help solve the problem.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  20. keithfrench

The first version of TI 8 that I have is build 826, it would have been useful to be able to try it with the CD from an earlier build as mareke has. I have tried disabling the onboard nForce NIC and audio, but still it is the same - it freezes everytime you start to do a check image. My A7N8X is revision 1.04 running the latest non beta BIOS release of 1008.

21. bravenew

NOthing happend. I disable the NIC and the same problem appear. I have the latest version Bios for my 7NJS. With older build 768 all working fine (restore, create backup, check image) but with builds 826 and 859 my computer freezing. Now I'll wait to support from acronis to investigate the problem and the changes that have made from build 768 to 859.

They inform me very fast about my queries

22. Acronis Support

Hello mareke,

Thank you for your readiness to help us with the solution. The sysinfo.txt made with the working build would be of great use in our investigation. If it is possible please send it to us. I am sure we will be able to fix the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

23. Acronis Support

Hello bravenew,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # so that I could find out how the investigation is going. Please make sure you have no overclocking features enabled in BIOS.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

24. bravenew

I'm not using any overclock setting in my computer.

25. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I've sent the sysinfo.txt files for both build 859 boot CD and build 774 boot CD for Acronis support to compare to see if they can work out what change in build 859 boot CD cause mine and some other people’s computers to freeze when they use it. If they can’t work out the cause of the problem I will just continue to use my build 774 boot CD. Buyers of the latest build of Acronis who encounter the problem may not be so fortunate as they will not know that an earlier build boot CD will work and may not have one on hand.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.