True Image 8.0.768 Problems - Fixes Needed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

True Image 8.0.768 Problems - Fixes Needed [Acronis Support Team]

I Think This would be A Great place to start A New thread - For Problems Found In true Image 8: [Build 768] So these Problems Will be fixed in the next update. These Bugs are as close as I Can explain what Is wrong, Nothing major though, Is great to have this forum so we can submit errors or bugs found In true image. Is still A Great program as all programs have minor bugs found after releasing A New version. Great Work Acronis Team On A Great Product! - I'm confident you will fix everything as you always do.

- When Starting true Image Backup From CD-Rom, It creates the file date Incorrectly.

- When Setting The Compression Level For: Normal High, & Maximum,It shows the compression level Incorrectly On the status Page before applying the backup.

- When Starting The Options For Image backup, If You choose The compression level, it shows all compression Levels with the same amount of estimated time [1 Min], Only, When you Process the backup,is it correct for The estimated time For All compression levels.

- When Creating A Backup Image [Incremental Or Full] It shows The backup Icon Working [Near the clock] And If you do A Second backup the same day without re-booting,It will not display the icon that shows it is working near the clock,A Re-boot is re-quired to fix this problem,This problem is only possible using normal compression,If you use any other compression,You can do as many backups without re-boot and the icon is visible near the clock.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass it on to our developers and most likely these issues will be fixed in the nearest future.

Thank you.

3. KarlK

KarlK Registered Member

Problems found :

- Recommended Boot CD : does not work (Motherboard MSI K8N Neo Platinum - Nforce 3 250Gb controller), it freezes.

- Safe Boot CD : I can't create Image, when I write the image name, the "Next" button can't be pushed.

4. VorLon

VorLon Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I have noted the problems that both KarlK and JBmoar have highlighted. However, I would like to add something that I have noted on the Compression front as it would appear that selecting Compression to it's highest mode results in very little compression, if at all.

I compared two partitions after creation with the relevant image files. I used the (Maximum or High) setting and in both cases (one 2GB and one 4GB partition) the resultant Image size was extremely close ( <100K) of the partition size.

I'm aware that exe and zip files won't compress that much, but my drives contained plenty of HTML, PDF and DOC files and also the estimated acronis file size indicated much smaller too. So I have a feeling that aswell as the wrong wording on the Image creation compression screen vs The Image summary screen that there is too a problem with compression settings.

5. Ogie

Ogie Guest

I created a bootable CD(True Image 8.0 build 768 on a Toshiba Tecra M2) and tried doing a recover. It boot without problems from the CD but when I clicked the icons(to do recovery or create an image), the computer restarted.

Any ideas?

6. VorLon

VorLon Registered Member

Hi Acronis Support,

Have the issue in this thread been passed on to the Acronis developement team?

7. Pictus

Pictus Registered Member

On a Nforce 2 I must disable on BIOS the "IDE Prefetch Mode" and
    "IDE BUS Master" to be able to restore an image.
    BTW, I create and restore the images from the BOOT CD.

Bye, Pictus

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Which one of the issues do you mean exactly? Some of them are being taken care of and the next build should fix these, some are being investigated and the fix will be available in one of the upcoming builds as well.

Thank you.

9. VorLon

VorLon Registered Member

Hi Anton,

Issues with Version 8.0.768

1) File Compression Options not the same (Nor the Wording!) on "Select" screen through to the "Status" Screen.

2) High/Maximum Compression setting does VERY little compared to Minimum and Normal compression. I assume it does nothing.

3) In Dos/Rescue mode "Time remaining" is completely inaccurate.

4) In Dos/Rescue mode You cannot create an image in a specified folder or drive as the "Next" Button will remain "greyed" out. The only location possible to safe to is the "Secure Zone"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.