True Image 7.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ralphb, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphb

ralphb Registered Member

This afternoon I reformatted my OS, using PM7. Following the format I inserted the diskettes to restore the image. All went well until it asked for my password, which I entered. Came back as being invalid.

I've used this several times, before and after installing a new program, and it has always worked fine.

Is there way I can see what program (ATI 7.0) shows for my password? Also, is there a way to by-pass using a password? I dread having to format the drive and reinstalling all the software. TIA

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, ralphb

Welcomed to Wilders and Acronis Forum.

There is no known way to by-pass the Password.

I password protected all my backup Images, and restore using the Rescue BootDisk with no problem, the only warning I every get is if after putting in the password I click OK with the mouse, saying incorrect Password.

If I press the enter key after putting it in I never get a warning. [providing it is correct]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. ralphb

ralphb Registered Member

Hello Quest:

I'll try the enter key and see if that goes through. I've used the mouse on OK several times in the past and it has worked.

At present I've switched to my other HDD using 98.

Thanks for the info!

4. ralphb

ralphb Registered Member

Hitting the enter key made no difference.

A thought, if when I created the image and mistyped the password - should that not have been *flagged* as an error? If one of the entries was wrong the verification box should have notified me - Yes/No?

5. ralphb

ralphb Registered Member

I ran another check, with Partitiom Magic 7.0, on the partition containing the image and got this response;

Error #1516
    "Partition improperly dismounted. Please refer to online user guide for instructions on how to resolve this issue".

If, indeed, this may solve the problem, how do I access the 'user guide'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.