True Image 6.0 FREEZE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by daygo140, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daygo140

daygo140 Registered Member

I have been reading the freeze issues for the newer versions of True Image but the F11 doesn't work for 6.0 version. Is there a specific fix for the 6.0 version?

I am trying to create an image using the bootup CD I had created upon installation of True Image. I'd much rather try to capture an image outside of Windows XP. Problem is it freezes. Never at a particular spot but everytime it does it.

What's the fix?

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

It's been a while, but I had a problem with one of the earlier 6.0 builds not working with my external CD-burner (a crappy Philips JackRabbit drive - hot, noisy and a real p.i.t.a).

Acronis support asked me to create a Rescue Diskette set, which in turn allowed me to tweak one of the boot files on diskette #1. I do not remember the details, but I would not be surprised if it was the acpi/apic trick they had me do.

Edit: Ah, here it is (my searching and archiving powers are AWESOME!!!)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello daygo140,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis True Image 6.0 any longer because this version is rather old. Please download free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 from our site, create Acronis Bootable CD and try using it. If you encounter any problems with it please let us know. The upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0 is available at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. daygo140

daygo140 Registered Member

How bout I purchase the upgrade for True Image 8? You guys offered that solution to a user that was using True Image 1.0. Otherwise I will have to just whip out my installation CD of Norton Ghost 2003.

OK with that said, say I wipe my whole computer out so I can do a clean full install of Win XP PRO on my PC before I image it, can I just save the upgrade file or do I have to do the pain in the butt and install 6.0 then the 8.0 upgrade?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello daygo140,

The upgrade works for everyone who has got earlier version of Acronis True Image. In case you have already installed Acronis True Image 6.0 you will need to launch the Acronis True Image 8.0 installation package and input the serial number for it (it will be sent to you after the purchase). If you have uninstalled Acronis True Image 6.0 you will need to launch the installation package of the eighth version only, input the serial number for it, after that you will be asked to input the serial number of earlier version of Acronis True Image. You will need to input the serial number of Acronis True Image 6.0 (it was sent to you earlier). In any case you don't need to install Acronis True Image 6.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.