True Image 2009 not using Aero skin in Windows 7!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gate1975mlm, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Why does True Image 2009 not use the Aero skin when running on Windows 7?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Possibly because the current version and build have not been coded to take advantage of W7's extras.

I imagine when TI bring out v13 W7 will have been officially released and v13 will have been updated to play with W7's Effects.

The only software that I have that uses the W7 skin is a dotNet one.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

By the "Aero Skin" are you referring to the standard Windows decorations from the Aero scheme like transparent borders, blurring of background, etc.?

The image below is a corner of a TI version 10 window as viewed in Windows 7, and you can see the edge of the clock and some pieces of the calendar gadgets showing through the window border, and you can see the other transparency effects.

W7.PNG

I don't have TI 2009 to try, but unless you have disabled Desktop Composition or have disabled visual themes in the settings dialog then I would expect TI 2009 to be able to display the Aero-themed window style. Or, have I misunderstood?

Settings.PNG

4. GrailVanGogh

GrailVanGogh Registered Member

Most likely because TrueImage has not been updated to take into account theme changes in Win7.

Just give Acronis some time. It is impracticable to skin a RC build or beta as things change undoing all of the work a developer did to skin something. Better to wait until eh Official Release of a program or OS or at lease until a code freeze occurs for the theme meaning no more changes or additions will be made to the theme, toolbars, menues, etc....

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I can confirm that in both my W7 RC1's that TI 2009 ignores the W7 themes setting as does a version of Echo which is a recent download.

But as I mentioned in my previous post, I wouldn't expect to just yet.

i

6. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

I added a screenshot.

7. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Amazing. Now why would a several year old TI version 10 work correctly with the Windows 7 Aero theme (see post #3), and a newer TI 2009 not do so (see post #1)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.