True Image 12 coming soon?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gate1975mlm, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

Any idea when True Image 12 is going to be coming out?

I hope backing up will be a lot faster then version 11 on Vista!

2. tuttle

tuttle Guest

We'll know about v 12 when Acronis announces it. It could happen this fall, as they often release then.

As for speed on Vista, v 11 has no specific speed problems on Vista. It works well on Vista systems on which I use it. Perhaps your specific drive combination is not covered by ATI's drivers, in which case you'll get a lower-than-optimal speed. There are solutions to that, as you'll find in these forums.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you mean the backup time in Windows Vista or the backup time when booted from the TI Rescue CD?

The time in Windows isn't likely to change much unless Acronis makes radical changes to the program. The time with the Rescue CD might be improved dramatically just by including better Linux drivers for your hardware.

The real question is will TI 12 be super buggy, fairly buggy, ordinarily buggy or just sort of buggy when it's released?

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

And will it suport all of the hardware ATI 10 and ATI11 suported, which are two diff but largely overlappping sets.

My guess is it will have the same linux engine as ATI11 but he one used in 9 and 10, so it will support pretty much what 11 supports, plus maybe a couple more, if we're lucky.

I'd like to see version that is a relatively debugged 11 or even just versin 10 that simply supports more of the newer hardware inlcuding 3-year old Silicon Image pci-x cards.

5. bubbatex

bubbatex Registered Member

Should be pretty soon - I have had some issues and I am supposed to get the new version upgrade from free. Support last told me later this summer or early fall. I just want music file compression to work properly.

6. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Define "soon"

7. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Before ver. 13?

8. truthseeker

How do you know with 100% certainty that there will even be a v13? Answer: You cannot!

9. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

True, that number might be skipped because of it's "unlucky" associations. :D

10. truthseeker

Yep :) And also, Acronis could go broke and stop making TI. Nobody knows what the future holds, only God does.

11. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

As I got an e-mail today offering ATI v11 at half price (I am already a registered V11 user), I would think V12 will come sooner rather than later. Guess - 1-2 months.

12. truthseeker

Interesting, because I didn't get an email.

13. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Some people are on God"s distribution list and some aren't.

I'm not either.

14. shieber

new versions have tended to increase the number of hardware setups on which the Bootcd worked (except 11 which added some and lost others) and added features (some terrrific and some silly). As for increased speed, depending on your hardware, performance might be no faster or slower as you move from one version to a subsequent one. Certainly a new version could be faster but it's not something I'd hold my breath for. Also, unless you like testing, I'd wait until a new version has been out for about 1-2 months to see how buggy it is before buying (except for version 11, for which I recommend waiting 12-24 months or more after the Sept 2007 release date before acquiring.) ;-)

15. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

As a long time user (version 6 though to version 11) I don't think I'll purchase another version of TrueImage. The programme has become too bloated, and each new version still retains many of the same bugs. Time has come for me to look around for a new product.

16. gate1975mlm

What is better then True Image?

17. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Sorry can't resist. If True Image works for you then the answer may be nothing is better. I started with version 6 and agree that it has become somewhat bloated. Apart from that no problems. Then I found Shadow Protect. http://www.storagecraft.com/products/ShadowProtectDesktop/

Just as reliable and a bit faster

18. David111

David111 Registered Member

19. gate1975mlm

20. shieber

SP is pretty good for basic backups but there the features jsut about end. Otoh, it uses VistaPE for the bootcd and you can add drivers on the fly after you boot up with the bootCD. You can try it for free but to get the iso for the bootCD you have to email them and ask for it special--but they will provide it for free. Basically, all the driver probs associated with the Acronis bootCD disppear when you move to a VistaPE boot disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.