True Image 11 with RAIDs (SATA and SCSI)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BMoffa, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMoffa

BMoffa Registered Member

I have downloaded and installed the latest buld. I created a boot CD to try a disk drive migration and found the it does not see my Adaptec SATA RAID 1. (1210SA Controller). Then I tried on a deiffernt maching that has an Adaptec SCSI RAID 10 (29320A Controller)--same thing. I was told by some one at Acronis (on the Chat window) that I was going to be able to do this.

I can access the drives using the intalled version, but not the bootable version. Are there addition drivers available for these controllers?

I bought it specifically to perform that operation. :mad: o_O :mad: o_O

2. Roman1

Roman1 Registered Member

Are the disks visible as separate disks or do you not see any drives at all?

Submit a Support ticket. You will probably be asked to compile a sysinfo text file, instructions will be provided and the process is straight forward. Acronis will provide a link to a custom boot disk for you. I understand when a solution is reached it is included in the next build.

Support are current working on a solution for me, I'm using an Adaptec 1220SA. The RAID is not identified when using the RescueCD - it is displayed as separate disks. I've found Support to be very efficient and helpful, you should hear from them soon after submitting your ticket.

3. BMoffa

BMoffa Registered Member

I does not recognize ANY disk drives other that the external USB drive. I have submitted the same question to tech support, but have not received any response yet.

The person that told me I could do this was one of their pre-sales people in the live chat. Funny, once you buy, no more live chat.:mad:

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Install ATI and create a VistaPE disk instead of the ATI BootCD. You're much more liekly to get results quickly. The VistaPE disk should be able to see al the drive you can see within windows.

5. BMoffa

BMoffa Registered Member

What is ATI?

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI=Acronis True Image.

The ATI bootCD runs under linux and doesn't always have the comprehenisveness of drivers that windows has -- this seems especially so with ATI 11. However, you can end run that by making a BootCD the boots up windows. I found the easiest was to make a VistaPE disk. Check out Mustang's free guide. YOu don't have toown Vista to be able to make a legit VistaPE disk. Bonus, it generally will run ATI backups/restores faster that the linux version of a boot disk.

7. BMoffa

BMoffa Registered Member

Support sent me an ISO file to burn to cd. I tried it a little while ago. This time I got the result you got. I saw my RAID split into two physical drives with 2 partitions each.

Bad news...now my system, Windows Server 2003, will not start. I get this erro:

"System Error, security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Services cannot start. Error status 0xc00002e1."

I think that boot CD caused something to get messed up in the partitioning information or something. So far I have not been able to get by it. Its beginning to look like a re-install of Windows Server. :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Roman1

Roman1 Registered Member

I'm not convinced the update ISO caused the error. Did you edit or update any files on the RAID disks while they were displayed as separate disks? I made that mistake once and was fortunate that it could be fixed without too much effort. Did you check the MS Knowledge Base linked to the error from the Event Log?

Provide Support with your results and they'll provide an update ISO to try. Don't rush into a reinstall of the OS, wait for more feedback here first :)

9. BMoffa

BMoffa Registered Member

Did no editing. However, I did go through the backup menus to see if everything else looked usable, but did not try to run a backup at that time. This all began as soon as I tried to reboot Windows Server 2003.

I got a bunch of information from the ms kb, but I couldn't even get the restore mode sign on to take. Fortunately, I don't keep a lot of seriuos stuff on that system. I have already swapped the drives out and am in the process of doing a full reinstall.

I did use the TI boot cd to backup some folders to the USB drive before I started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.