True Image 11 restore from rescue media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MillerPr, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillerPr

MillerPr Registered Member

Hi

I have True Image 11 - 8053
    Win XP

I recently had a disk crash and needed to restore using a boot CD created by True Image 11.
    When I got to the restore section / choose file - TI said the image was not valid or corrupt.
    I had to restore an earlier image - created by TI 10, reinstall the main TI 11 program on the newly restored partition and then restore the image created by TI 11 (same image that the boot CD said was invalid) using the main TI 11 program via XP (ie : not booting from the CD)

I have since tested this a bit more
    The rescue media created by TI 11 does not seem to restore any images created by the TI 11 program running on the main OS.

Is there a fix available for this issue?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Get the latest build for TI 11 which is 8101 and try the rescue cd made from that. You could also have had a bum burn of the 8053 build.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You cannot restore an image made with 11 using version 10--should that be the issue.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What happens when you boot from the Rescue CD? Give us some details of what you see and what happens when you click Proceed.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MillerPr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home, as suggested by DwnNdrty. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the issue persists, could you please clarify the exact text of the error message? Please also clarify, does the image validate in Windows? Where is the image stored at?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. MillerPr

MillerPr Registered Member

The image validates correctly in Windows via TI 11

The image is on another PC
    I was using network access when booting via the rescue CD
    The Rescue CD booted, started Acronis TI 11, when I used restore the message was that the image was corrupt or non valid

I installed V8101
    Created a new boot CD
    I then tried a validate image across network as before
    This time no network PCs found....
    Can go no further

An Acronis boot CD V10 - build 4942 on the same PC finds my network & PCs.

7. kobi78

kobi78 Registered Member

If you start your PC with Acronis Boot CD, than you can choose recover, than you can find in top the option to setting your IP and so on.

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

RE: Restoring a backup archive created on the hard drive (archive splitting) and copied to DVD.

When booting from the TI Rescue CD:

When selecting the archive file to be restored, if you select any file other than the last file, you will get the message "corrupt or not a valid archive file". (recent test with V10-4942)

....Whereas, if you select the last file, it will allow you to continue the process.

Whereas, if working within Windows, you can select any of the split files and TI recognizes the set and will continue.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MillerPr,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If at least one computer is visible in Computers near me on the Image Archive Selection screen, then try specifying the full UNC path to the desired computer in the "File name" edit box, e.g. \\server\share.

If no computers are visible on the network, but the Computers near me icon is found under My Computer, then please ensure that a DHCP server is running on your network. If you don't use a DHCP server, then please ensure that network settings accessible via the Options item in the Tools menu are correct.

If the Computers near me icon is not available under My Computer, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also clarify the network card model and vendor.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.